[sixteen]

filler chap

romeo and juliet

Though the atmosphere was rather thick, all of them sat together at lunch. Well, except for Lisa, she had a student council thing to attend to.

Lucas was still a bit skeptical. Not really liking the idea of Jungkook putting up with Taehyung.

But it wasn't like he was going to shun him away because of it.

What bothered him the most was that Taehyung's friends didn't say a word.
Like it wasn't a surprise to see Jungkook back with them.

For all he knew, he didn't like Taehyung. He just hoped Jungkook wouldn't fall too much. Hoped that he wouldn't fall too deep ito the hole that he wouldn't be able to escape.

"Kookie, you have that trivia on in three days, right?"
"Yea. We're going to be practicing so you won't see me on Thursday and Friday's Chem class."
"What? Really?" Taehyung pouted, shoulders slouching.

Jungkook's heart fluttered as he looked back down at his tray of food.

"You're going up against Rydell, right? Is their team any good?" Joshua asked.
Jungkook shrugged. "They passed the prelims. But I've never seen them after quarter finals."

"Kookie. Kookie. Guess what!" Taehyung cheered as he urged on Jungkook's sleeve.
"What?"
"I unlocked a new character in my game!"
Irene rolled her eyes. "seriously, Taehyung? No one even plays that game. It's not like anyone cares."

"Don't be such a sauerkraut!" Taehyung muttered, sticking his tongue out as he showed Jungkook his phone.

"See?! I named him 'Tsukki' because Kei is hot."
Jungkook chuckled. "You watch Haikyuu?"
"I just started!"
"Oh then, I call dibs on Terushima and Kenma."
"Who's that?" Taehyung said with a head tilt.

Jungkook smiled coyly when Lucas tapped his shoulder.

"I have to go. There's a basketball meeting." He mumbled, picking his stuff up.

Jungkook frowned and grabbed his wrist.

"You're not mad at me, are you?" He said lowly but the tension between the two was enough for the whole table to avert their attention to them.

"No." He said. Jungkook didn't believe him but he let him go anyways.

"Did something happen between you two?" Taehyung asked, watching Lucas go away.

"He's fine. We fight all the time. It's no big deal." Jungkook mumbled, but it was like he was reassuring himself than reassuring Taehyung.

Irene cleared her throat to filled the pregnant silence.
"Taehyung, did you do that Literature essay?"

The blonde's eyes widened as he gasped.

He quickly brought out a piece of paper and a pen.

The pen was a cute pink, ball point pen with a strawberry keychain dangling from it. It rattled every time he moved his pen.

"W-What was the topic?"
"Romeo and Juliet: The Tragedy."

Taehyung groaned. "All I know is that Ro and Ju died. Isn't that the tragedy itself?"

"W-well, I think the tragedy was introduced at the beginning of the story. When the Capulets and Montagues are fighting, they don't even know why they're fighting. The feud then reconciled with the deaths of six people. Isn't that tragic?"

Jungkook mumbled, picking at his apple before looking up to see them staring at him. "I m-mean, Romeo was 18 when he met Juliet, who was 13. For all I can say, they're 'love' was driven by hormones. And Romeo was rebounding with Juliet since he was lovesick over Rosaline."

"Woah. I never thought of it that way." Joshua mumbled.
Jungkook shrugged. "A lot of people forget that RAJ is a tragedy, not a love story."

Taehyung's eyes lit up as he pouted. "Can I use that for my essay? Pretty please!"
Jungkook looked down at him. Bottom lip jutted out, puppy eyes and hands clasped together.

"Of course you c-can. That's why I said it."

Taehyung squealed, hugging Jungkook for a quick second. "Thank you, Kookie."

Jungkook watched him write. Taehyung had pretty penmanship. But his fancy script was writing words so,—colloquial.

'So basically, Juliet is a horny skank and Romeo is a rebounding pedophile. I mean the two fell inlove, got married, implied sex and died within the span of four days. Ro over here be mistaking lust for love. He's just horny. They're all horny. They're trippin'.—"

Jungkook read as he shook his head and chuckled.
"Why? Is there something wrong with it?" Tar hyung asked, doe eyes wide as he looked at Jungkook.

The brunette glanced at his watch and saw Taehyung only had 15 minutes until the bell. Something was better than nothing.

"No. It's good."
Taehyung smiled and nodded.

Joshua then glanced at Taehyung's paper. He smacked on the back of the head.

"Bitch, you can't say 'horny skank'."
"Did he really?" Irene asked as she burst into a fit of laugher.
"What else was I supposed to say? I'm just stating facts."

Joshua shook his head.
"Jungkook, don't be afraid to correct him. He's just really stupid sometimes."
Jungkook rubbed the back of his nape. "I didn't want to pressure him. He only had a few minutes left."

"Simp." Irene muttered as Joshua laughed, Taehyung too busy with his paper to notice.

'She wasn't wrong though.' Jungkook thought.

S-I-M-P SQUIRRELS IN MA PANTS