[fifteen]

four days has never felt so long

It has been a four days since Taehyung had talked to him. They would see each other in their science class but have no exchange of words.
Cross paths in the hallways, short glances. But no conversations were held.

So it was pretty obvious there was some sort of bad blood. Or maybe a misunderstanding.

But Jungkook, himself didn't know who was at fault.

Or if he was to be blamed, what did he do wrong?

The only reason he went to the party was to see Taehyung. Yet he only talked to the male for less than five minutes. And it was far from civilized.

Taehyung was drunk.

He was slurring. And a bit irrational.

Yet it wasn't Taehyung's fault either. Atleast that's what Jungkook thinks.

It's not Taehyung's fault that Jungkook likes him. And it isn't his fault that Jungkook has yet to say anything about it, or confess.

But it didn't matter on whose fault it was.

Jungkook wanted to talk to him. He didn't like it. He didn't like being so distant from Taehyung.

Taehyung would usually yap and yap in his ear, jumping from one topic to another so randomly. Most of the times, he found it endearing.

A bit annoying when Taehyung would talk to him while he did his work in the cafeteria but it wasn't something he would get upset over.

Plus, he was too enamored to ever tell him off.

But he would rather Taehyung shout in his ears for hours no end, than have him not say a word to him at all.

He bit his lip, looking across the aisle to see Taehyung, looking at the professor.

Jungkook tsked.

Taehyung never listened.

Everytime he would steal a glance at him, he was either daydreaming or silently making origami with his scratch papers.

At other times, he would try to tick Jungkook. Throwing papers at him, poking his thigh with his pencil or just trying to get the brunet's attention.

Though it was good that Taehyung was actually listening, it still made Jungkook concerned because of how easily everything changed overnight.

___

The bell snapped him out of his daydream. He jumped up in his seat and looked to see Taehyung gathering his stuff.

He quickly did the same, standing up.

He clenched his fists, and bit his lip.

He was ready to confront Taehyung. To demand to know what he did wrong. And how he could fix it.

Just when Taehyung was about to leave his desk, Jungkook lightly held his wrist.

Taehyung jumped but didn't look back since he already knew who it was.

Doyoung raised a brow but Irene pulled him along with her out the door.

"Can we talk? It's your free hour, right?" Jungkook asked softly.

"It's not your free hour though. You have Biology this period." Taehyung replied.

Jungkook's heart skipped a beat. Taehyung actually knew his schedule but in this case, that fact wasn't to his favor at the moment.

"A little rule bending won't hurt. Like you said." Jungkook mumbled.

Taehyung sighed before turning to Jungkook, eyes not meeting his hazel ones.

"We can go talk inside the music hall. No ones there at the moment."
Jungkook nodded, following Taehyung through the half empty hallways.

The blonde pushed the door open and lazily dropped his bag onto an empty chair. He hopped up and sat on a desk.

"So. W-what did you want to talk about?" Taehyung mumbled.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows.
"You don't have a single guess?"

Taehyung bit his lip, looking down at his slightly swaying feet.

Jungkook thought his looked utterly adorable.

A pink headband sat on his hair, a beautiful contrast with his blonde hair.
He wore a striped long sleeved shirt that extended past his hands, hands that were fiddling together.
A pair of blue jeans that lead to white Converse sneakers.

But even so, Taehyung always looked pretty.

Jungkook knew that Taehyung knew what he wanted to talk about but as he pondered, he actually didn't know what he wanted to say.

A minute passed before Jungkook spoke up again.

"C-can you atleast tell me what I did w-wrong?" Jungkook stuttered.

Taehyung lightly gasped before looking up at the male, he was about to speak when the brunet interjected.

"I didn't m-mean to offend you. Or hurt you. Hurting you,—— is the last thing I want to do."

"I'm sorry. For whatever I've done. But just please, I just want to know why."

Taehyung immediately jumped off the desk, seeing a tear pass Jungkook's eyes.

"Kookie." He said softly as he approached the crying male who harshly wiped the tears with the back of his hand.

"I'm not mad, Jungkook. It was never your fault, baby. I'm sorry. I,— I just thought you were mad at me."

"I-i keep on messing up when I'm around you. I got mad at you for no reason at the party. I'm sorry." Taehyung continued.

He embraced Jungkook's waist, rubbing the his back. "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry that I made you feel like it was your fault."

"I'm sorry." Taehyung repeated again.

Jungkook was a bit relieved but also sad.

He was relieved that he did nothing wrong. That he was worrying over nothing.

But he made Taehyung feel guilt. The reason why they avoided eachother was because Taehyung thought he was mad at him.

But he could never.

Jungkook slowly raised his arms, wrapping them tightly around Taehyung.

He set his cheek on top of Taehyung's soft blonde hair.

"How could I ever be mad at you?"