[thirteen]

company

After talking with the shy and demure girl, Jungkook learned that her name was Sooyoung. A junior from Rydell High. She played varsity Volleyball and is planning to go to USC for college.
But of course, they're conversation breached out more than that. Those were just the highlights.

She looked really shy and nice. Constantly tucking his hair behind her ear, giggling, and talking fast. Her eyes would turn into a crescent shape every time she smile. Her eyes would widen in curiosity whenever Jungkook talked about himself.

He felt rather comfortable around her. He untensed and was actually invested into their conversation, enough to forget why he went to the party in the first place.

"D-do you play any sports? You have a nice figure to play sports. Broad shoulders, long legs. And I should stop talking." She mumbled to herself as she blushed deeper.
Jungkook chuckled at her. "I don't play sports, to be honest. I'm better with books than my right hook."

Sooyoung laughed at his joke, Jungkook laughing along with her.

"Jungkookie!"
'Oh dear god.'

"Kookie!" Taehyung stood in front of the two on the sofa before pouting and dragging a chair to sit on. It was clear he was a bit drunk, tripping over his own feet, eyes in a haze and the obvious, his pretty hand was wrapped around the neck of a beer bottle.

"I didn't see you come in! Did you just get here?" Taehyung asked, eyes sparkling like always.

"I've actually been here for,—" He glances at his watch,"—three hours."
"Oh." Taehyung frowned. "I didn't see you come in."
"Yea. You were busy." Jungkook muttered as Taehyung pouted.

The brunet didn't mean to snap at him or sound petty but it he did.
Taehyung cleared his throat before smiling. "Who's this?"
"I'm Sooyoung." She introduced herself with another smile as Taehyung smiled back.
"Well, I'm Taehyung. I'm glad Jungkook found someone to talk to." Taehyung said softly. The two watched their senior warily.

Taehyung was still tipsy. Eyes wandering around, sometimes slipping off the chair yet he still drank his beer. "What school are you from?"
"Rydell High."
"Seriously? That school sucks. Jungkookie here is going to kick your asses in the triviacon on Saturday."

Jungkook's expression softened. Though Taehyung just insulted Sooyoungs school, he did remember Jungkook had a competition on Saturday.

"Oh. Well, we all have different opinions." Sooyoung said with yet another smile.
Taehyung huffed before downing the rest of his beer.

"Sooyoung plays volleyball and has a 3.6 GPA." Jungkook said, proud that he and Sooyoung had something in common.
"I'm a cheerleader!" Taehyung slurred and giggled as he popped open yet another beer.

"Oh. Cheerleading. That must be,— fun." The air between the three got thick until Jungkook broke it.
"Taehyung. You're drunk out of your mind. You can't even sit up straight. I think that's enough beer."

Taehyung furrowed his brows at him before gulping the ref of the alcoholic drink. "I can do whatever I want. I'm still older than you, Jungkook."
"Yet you're more irresponsible and immature than me." Jungkook mumbled.
"Jungkook,—" Sooyoung warned as Taehyung frowned.

"You don't think I know?" The blonde said softly. Before Jungkook could say anything, someone came up behind Taehyung.
And from the build and height, Jungkook could guess it was the man from earlier.

"Taehyung-ah. You don't have to babysit tonight." The man said as he crouched down and kissed Taehyung's neck.

"I bet your little friends can handle themselves." The man quirked an eyebrow at Jungkook's demeanor but left the younger be as he kept on whispering to Taehyung.

It didn't take long before the blonde hummed and set the beer down on the ground.

"Why don't you come home with me, yea?" The man said that was actually in earshot of the other two, pulling Taehyung up on his feet.

"Taehyung. You're drunk." Jungkook mumbled as he got up, softly holding Taehyung's wrist.

"So? I'm just irresponsible and immature, right? What difference does it make now?" Taehyung snapped as the man raised an eyebrow.

"Do you want to go or not, Taehyung?" He said, beginning to be impatient as he harshly pulled Taehyung under his arm.
"Come on, Junmyeon." Taehyung slurred as the man began to tug on him.

"Taehyung,—" Jungkook mumbled as the two left, Taehyung stumbling on his feet as 'Junmyeon' tried to hastily push him out of the door.

Jungkook frowned before sitting back down with Sooyoung.

"You like him, don't you?"

"W-What? No. What nonsense,—"
Sooyoung raised an eyebrow at Jungkook who sighed and slouched against the couch.

"Is it that obvious?"
"Kinda. But I guess it's inconspicuous enough that blonde hasn't noticed yet."

"I've only know him for less than a month but,— I feel so attached already. I can't help it."
Sooyoung nodded. "At first, I assumed you were waiting for someone since you kept on involuntarily looking at the main door."

"But the way you look at him was enough to know. I'm sorry I tried to,— make a move on you. You were alone so I just assumed you were,— alone in general." Sooyoung said softly.

Jungkook sighed. "There's no reason to be sorry, Sooyoung. I enjoyed your company. I think we can be good friends."

Sooyoungs eyes brightened, smile widening as she nodded.

"Why don't we get out of here? I'll text my friend that I went home early and we can go eat at a McDonalds."
"It's 12 am, Jungkook." Sooyoung said as she gathered her thins and followed the brunet.

"You don't have to go if you feel uncomfortable with me." Jungkook mumbled as Sooyoung's eyes widened.

"What? N-no! I enjoy your company too. It's just,— wouldn't your mom be worried?"
Jungkook chuckled. "She's actually glad that I went out tonight. As long as I don't get anyone pregnant or get arrested."

Sooyoung giggled as she followed Jungkook.

Together, they walked to the nearest McDonalds, shared a float and talked.

Though they just met, both were at ease with eachother.

____________________

Park Sooyoung

Kim Junmyeon