[fourteen]

again, most of this chapter is in Jungkook's perspective but in third person.

ex: Jungkook's feelings don't matter,— in third person, but what Jungkook thinks of himself.

seungcheol

Jungkook went home at around 1, dropping off Sooyoung at her house after getting her number. They lived pretty close to eachother.

He couldn't sleep. He was comfortable. The room wasn't too cold nor too warm. He had his favorite pajamas on. He just took a hot shower. Yet he couldn't sleep.

He counted sheep, created scenarios in his head. But he could not sleep.

Deciding on one last solution, he plugged in his earphones and listened to music. He was actually on he brink of sleep when a ding cane from his phone.

Eyes blinking open, he clicked the notification.

Giant Lu
Did you get home safe? lmao ur ass prob asleep rn.

Jungkook chuckled before replying.

You
Yea. I got home at around 1-ish. You?

Giant Lu
just got home. just got laid.

You
And you left her there??

Giant Lu
she won't mind.

You
Dumbass

Giant Lu
how was your night with a rival?

You
Don't be immature. She isn't a rival. She just goes to Rydell

Giant Lu
...your point is??

You
whatever. anygays, she was fun to talk to. she admitted on trying to get a...relationship out of me

Giant Lu
What did you say??

You
Uh,,,no? It would be cruel to date her while I still like Taehyung. Plus, I just met her

Giant Lu
Dumbass
Dude, no offense. But Taehyung's kind of a whore(??) didn't you argue with him earlier?

You
He's not a whore, Lucas.
His promiscuity and sexual activity is none of our concern.
I don't say shit when you have sex every weekend.

Jungkook was now a little irritated. He was well-aware that Taehyung was,— licentious. He knew but it didn't mean it didn't hurt.

But other men, tops, don't get shamed for having tons of sex. Tops rarely get called whores for being promiscuous, they mostly get praised.

Giant Lu
Dude. Chill.
I'm not trying to shame him. But word is that he purposely leads people on. He likes that type of attention.

Here's my point. You have a pretty, kind girl that's interested in you. And you're waiting around for a guy that has his head too far up in the clouds to give a shit.

Why don't you sleep on it? I don't want to argue with you right now.
Night, Kook

With a huff, Jungkook turned off his phone.

Now he really couldn't sleep.

__________________________

Today's sunday, meaning it was Jungkook's study day.

He usually spent atleast 4 hours in the library before calling it a day.

But it's been an hour, and he's still on the first page of a Chemistry Book he found.

He was too bothered. Distracted.

So far, Taehyung hasn't really done anything wrong.

Well, maybe except that one time he left Jungkook at the restaurant. But he apologized for it, there's no reason to keep hating him on something he said sorry for.

It was messed up, yes. But Jungkook liked him too much to be angry with him.

But so far, Taehyung hasn't done anything wrong. Him not reciprocating Jungkook's feelings isnt his fault.

More so, since he never really confessed nor confirmed his admiration for Taehyung.

So what did he really do wrong?

Jungkook pouted, caught up in his own thoughts that he wasted a whole hour. With a sigh, he gathered his hints to go eat. Knowing that he was far from the mood of productivity.

He decided to head out and stop at a nearby restaurant. He ordered and sat down, waiting for it to be done as more people piled in.

It was a Sunday so it wasn't a surprise on how busy it was.

He silently ate his burger when someone stood by his table.

"You're Jungkook, right? Mind if I sit here it'll my food is done?"

Jungkook looked up. It took him a few seconds to identify who he was considering, he wasn't close with this person but he atleast knew his name.

Jungkook nodded as the newcomer took a seat infront of him in the booth.

"Well, I'm Jimin. I believe I'm a year older than you."
Jungkook nodded again.

"You have a contest this Saturday right?"
"Yes. With Rydell. They're good in sports but their trivia team is,— subpar."

Jimin smiled and nodded.

"You're close with Taehyung?"

Jungkook was a little surprised he brought that up. Considering he had never seen those two together.

But maybe like any other person, he was curious.
"Uh. I guess? I mean I talk with him."

"Oh. If you don't mind me asking, are the rumors about him true?" He asked quietly and hesitantly.

"What rumors?" Jungkook asked with a frown, the memory of Lucas talking about his attention-'addiction'.

"They say he's,— a heartbreaker."

Jimin looked down at his tiny, fiddling hands.

"I'm just an acquaintance of his but,— I'm genuinely curious and concerned. He never seemed like the type,—"

"You know what, forget I asked. I'm being snoopy and meddling with business that isn't mine."

"ORDER 131!" Someone yelled as Jimin towards the counter and stood up.

"But for all I know, they say he's the reason why Seungcheol left." He then got up and left the table, leaving Jungkook confused and, should he say, curious.

He looked down at his empty plate before,—

"Who the hell is Seungcheol?"