[nine]

(Disclaimer; The first portion of this chapter is written by what Jungkook thinks but still in third person. This is NOT how I view them irl. Once again, this is fiction. I only write the things I write for the sake of the plot)

pink

Jungkook had never dwelled on the thought of crushes. Never one to fancy anyone but the cute girls/boys from the mangas and anime's he watches and reads were exceptions.

But he wasn't going to fool himself and deny that he liked Taehyung.

Which was rather odd for him. If he did think about liking someone, it would've been someone like him. A shy and introverted, maybe to twist things up,—a mathlete to complement his love for Science.

Never had he imagined crushing on the loud, pretty, beautiful, wonderful, extravagant, talkative, social, out-going cheerleader. Someone who was out on the field while Jungkook was on the bleachers, hell, he wasn't even on the bleachers. He would've been at home, binge watching Your Lie in April for the umpteenth time and crying every time.

While Taehyung was being invited to dozens of parties every weekend, he was being invited to academic competitions.

He never imagined falling for someone of his polar opposite.

But he was falling. And he was falling hard.

He was falling for the way Taehyung smiles, the way his eye crinkles when he laughs, how his eyes widen cutely when he drinks something, how he pouts when he eats, how he's naturally flirtatious.

There were a few flaws in Taehyung that he can point out. But that's how he knew his feelings were strong for him. Because despite knowing these flaws, he would still kiss the ground Taehyung walks on.

But one thought always lingered at the back of his mind.
There weren't many like Taehyung. So effortlessly beautiful and funny like Taehyung. Taehyung was special.

So what was Jungkook to him?

Hell, the blonde even admitted being used to the attention he receives by strangers. What makes Jungkook different from those admirers? There were probably tons of people that thought Taehyung's smiles were pretty, the way he pouted was adorable.

So what made him so different?

And once again, he found yet another discrepancy between them.

Taehyung was a diamond in a bed of rocks. He was special.
While, Jungkook was one of those rocks. He was boring, introverted, uneventful. He was one of the persons in the fleeting distance that made people like Taehyung stand out among the rest.

Taehyung was everything good that he wasn't.

The shrilling sound of the bell went off as Jungkook was snapped from his own thoughts.

He sighed and got up, gathering his stuff when he heard knocks on the window.

He turned and his heart fluttered.

Taehyung was in his pink practice uniform, long, curly hair tied back with a cute pink scrunchie, some of his baby hair curled over his forehead. He held both of his pompoms in one hand as he knocked on the glass window with the other. A large smile etched on his face that made his eyes crinkle and Jungkook's heart burst.

Once he realized he got Jungkook's attention, he waved at him enthusiastically.
"Kookie!" He heard Taehyung yelled muffled.

Jungkook shook his head at him. If he was standing so close to the window, he must've been stepping on the grass.

"You're not supposed to be stepping on the grass." Jungkook said.
"What?!"
He quickly took out his notebook and marker, writing down what he just said and showed it to the blonde.

"Oh. Well,—I don't care!"
"You'll get in trouble."
"No, I won't. I never get in trouble."
Jungkook raised an eyebrow as Taehyung smiled.
"I have to go now. Bye!" Taehyung yelled as he walked away from the window.

Jungkook watched him walk back towards the field when a gush of wind attacked him. His pompoms flew out of his hands and,— and his skirt flew up.

Jungkook's cheeks flushed red as he watched Taehyung rush to flatten down his skirt. But when he bent down to pick up his pompoms, he saw the pink underwear Taehyung wore.

When the blonde straightened up, he stood still before whipping his torso around.

Jungkook averted his gaze somewhere else when Taehyung turned around.
"Now he thinks I'm a pervert." He muttered to himself before walking away.

Taehyung giggled softly before heading back to the other cheerleaders.