Episode 9: Raising the curtains! Holy Road begins.

In the dining room, Jelly ate breakfast alone. As he ate some bread with meat on it, he noticed the announcement for the Holy Road on TV.

"The opening ceremony for the JHS soccer tournament, Holy Road, in Kanto will take place in one week, as preparations for it are moving along. In Kanto's A Block, Raimon Junior High, who won runner-up in last year's Nationals, will be up against Mannouzaka Junior High, Tengaara Junior High, and Aoba Academy, all aiming for the Nationals championship. Which two of these teams will take the lead in this tournament and proceed to the Nationals?"

"Now the real fun will start." Jelly finished his breakfast before heading upstairs to change into his soccer jersey and tracksuit.

--------

By the time morning practice starts, Jelly trained with Tenma and Shinsuke.

"I almost had it." Shinsuke said after he nearly stole the ball from Tenma.

"Keep working hard, Shinsuke." Jelly assured.

"We need to prove as much as we can before the Holy Road starts." Tenma added. "Okay, let's try it again!"

"Okay!" Shinsuke replied as the three resumed practice.

Meanwhile, Shindou is still reeling from what Tsurugi said yesterday and looked at the ground and did nothing.

"Jelly, Tenma and Shinsuke are really into it." Aoi said.

"Reaching for the stars, you could call it." Midori agreed before she and Aoi notice Akane looking at Shindou.

"Shindou doesn't look so happy." Akane sighed.

Shindou snapped out of his thoughts when he felt Sangoku's hand on his shoulder.

"So you decided not to resign after all." Sangoku guessed.

"Yes." Shindou answered.

"I just know Raimon will be best off with you in charge. I know it'll be hard to continue soccer as it is now, but..."

"Sangoku."

"What is it?"

"No. Never mind."

Tenma watched them with a worried look.

"What is going on there?" Jelly pondered.

--------

After practice, the team went back to the club room to explain about the upcoming event, the Holy Road. They sat on their seats and listened as Endou explains.

"Our match-up for the first match in Holy Road has been decided. Raimon is up against Tengawara Jr. High." Endou said.

"Tengawara, huh?" Kurumada said.

"Those guys are well known for playing dirty." Amagi said.

"More like they use a lot of rough plays." Hamano said.

"They're strong as it is already, so that just makes them ridiculously scary." Hayami said.

Then the screen showed Tengawara Match Formation.

"Tengawara's team uses a very solid defense formation. Whether it comes to shaking them up from the sides, or long passes to break through the center... Shindou, your judgement as Captain will be the key to this match." Endou said as this surprised Shindou. Tsurugi, on the other hand, let out a devious smile.

"Coach, weren't you notified of the order from Fifth Sector?" Shindou asked.

"An order?" Tenma aked. "They sent an order for the first match." Kurama asked.