Chapter 6

Miranda was back up at seven, feeling worn out, but she had things to do. She had a bath to keep her bandage dry and ate after having called room service. As she ate she turned on the t.v. to catch the morning news. The news reporter was standing outside the museum that had almost been robbed. "We are here reporting live on a robbery gone bad," the woman said. "Late last night six men tried to rob the crown jewels of Spain that are on display here. The police chief is holding a police conference to tell us what happened." She then walked over to where other members of the media were standing.

Miranda smiled when she saw Cole standing behind the police chief.

"Last night we apprehended six men who were trying to steal the crown jewels. Four of the men were found inside after having tripped a silent alarm. We then found two men out on the roof, knocked unconscious. The men claimed they were the only ones there, but we are asking for help from the public to see if there was another person here last night. If anyone saw anything, let us know."

He then answered some questions from the media, but Miranda wasn't paying attention. She was watching Cole, who was watching the audience. He was so incredible looking. She really needed to stay away from him though. He would not be pleased if she found out she kept lying to him.

She checked the time. Maybe it was time to go out and have a bit of fun, and she was bored. Not that she wanted to stir up trouble, she just wanted to do something. She wouldn't need to get to work until later.

She put on a blonde wig, put in blue contacts, put on a tight black skirt, but not too tight, so her gun wouldn't stand out, with a tight black leather top, that showed off some cleavage, and then some thigh-high black boots. She then put on some makeup. She didn't even recognize herself, and she had to admit, she looked good.

She then headed down the stairs and outside to the valet. He eyed her up and down, his eyes full of lust.

"Good morning, Miss," he stuttered.

"Good morning," she replied with an English accent while she handed him her valet card.

He nodded and hurried away. She smiled at how flustered he was, but then she knew she would turn some heads.

Moments later the guy pulled up in her convertible, and she tipped him. "Thank you, kind sir," she said.

"My pleasure Miss," he grinned at her.

She then made a show of climbing into the convertible, hind end first, then her legs, ignoring the men on the sidewalk who were watching her as she did so.

She then waved at the valet guy and drove away, chuckling to herself.

If they only knew how dangerous she was. She had her gun strapped to her leg under her skirt. She was glad her shirt covered her bandage too, she didn't need anyone questioning why she had a bandage on her arm.

She decided to wander the streets so she would know where she was going if she needed to lose someone, or if she had to chase someone, and being in disguise, she figured she wouldn't run into Cole, well, she hoped not, but then again, maybe it would be okay to run into him.

She drove down the road, passing the police department. The media was just leaving, and she smiled. She wondered where Cole was. Maybe she would go and find out. Would he recognize her? Probably not. Time to see.

She pulled into the parking lot and got out, smirking at the whistles from some of the officers who were totally checking her out.

She smiled at them and waved. They all waved back.

When she walked in, there was a desk behind bulletproof glass and a door that had a keypad on it. That was smart, especially in the city. Miranda walked up to the window, and the woman sitting there eyed her up and down.