Chapter 15

Tyler pulled up to the hotel as Miranda walked inside. The two men waited a few minutes after parking before they went inside, so things wouldn't look suspicious.

Tyler knocked on Miranda's door and she let the men in, closing it behind them.

"What happened, you went dark," Tyler frowned, as Miranda took off her shoes. She hated heels.

She pointed at the earrings. "He gave me a gift."

Tyler frowned. "Hand them over."

She did as told and he checked them for bugs with the little machine he had in his pocket.

"They are clean, but I want to borrow them so I can put new bugs in them."

"That's fine."

"So what did he say?"

She sighed. "It's not good news."

"Oh?" Chad said.

"If I want in, I have to kill a cop."

"Ouch," Tyler said.

"I know, but I have an idea."

She looked at Chad and Tyler. "Will one of you take the fall for me?"

Chad nodded. "I can, but don't aim for my head."

"I won't, I promise. Look, he wants a fake drug deal, and when the cops show up, I'm supposed to shoot one of them, but if the FBI shows up, and I shoot one of you, all the better, right?"

"I need a vacation anyway," Chad replied. "Your gun doesn't have vest piercing bullets, right?"

"It's just standard-issue," she said, pulling it from her safe and showing it to Chad.

"You weren't packing tonight?" he asked worriedly.

"I was searched Chad, of course, I didn't pack. That would have been a bit suspicious."

He handed the gun back. "You are taking this gun with you tomorrow though?"

"I am."

"Good, then I'll know when you shoot me that I will be okay."

"I apologize now for any pain I will cause you," she said.

He nodded. "I understand. So, what time?"

"Midnight tomorrow. I'll let you know the spot."

A knock sounded on the door then, and Tyler hopped up, gun in hand.

"It's some guy," he said, looking through the peephole.

Miranda stood and went to the door looking through the peephole. She frowned and opened the door.

"Cole?"

Cole noticed the two large men standing behind her, looking intimidating. Why did she have men in her room? That ticked him off. Here he thought they had something going on.

"What are you doing here so late?" she asked him.

"I came to check on you, but I see that you are just fine," he started to head away.

"Cole, wait, where are you going?"

He turned back around. "I thought we had something, but I can see that it was a lie, just like your identity."

She winced. "Cole, these two," she began.

"Are her cousins," Tyler said. "So quit the jealous act. What are you doing here, disturbing our cousin?"

"I had some things to discuss with her."

"Who are you?" Tyler asked Cole.

"Cole Ipson, Chief detective with the San Francisco P.D."

"You are here pretty late, detective," Chad growled at him.

Cole glared at him. "Why does it matter? It looks like you were all out this late anyway."

Miranda sighed. "Cole, look, it was a really long day, can we discuss this tomorrow?"

His face suddenly softened, and the two agents hid a snicker. The detective liked Miranda.

"Sure, can I take you to breakfast?"

"We were going to take her," Tyler said.

"You can join us," Miranda replied.

Cole nodded. "But we need to discuss this in private."

"What you say can be said in front of us," Tyler said.

"No, I don't think so. What I have to say involves police business."

"And why are you involving our cousin?" Chad asked.

Miranda rolled her eyes. "All right you two, I want to go to bed, it is late, do you mind?" she asked, glaring at the FBI agents.

They just grinned at her but didn't budge.

Cole leaned down and kissed her cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay Cole," she said and watched him walk away, glad he had forgiven her quickly.

"You two are in so much trouble," she hissed as she closed her door.

Tyler chuckled. "Hey we are just protecting our cousin," he snickered.

"Sure you are. I am sure he was here to discuss what he found out about Tyrone."

"Does he know you are working for him?" Chad asked, leaning against the closed door.

"No, and I want to keep it that way, thank you very much."

"Does he know you are a cop?" Tyler asked.

"Yes," she sighed. "He kind of figured that one out on his own."

"But he doesn't know about your employment with the drug lord."

"No."

"Good, let's keep it that way."

"If we are going to breakfast, when do you want to discuss what I need to do tomorrow?" she asked.

"How about right now?" Chad said, sitting down by her, Tyler sitting on the other side.

"You do know it is almost midnight, right?"

Tyler chuckled. "So? Evil never sleeps, remember?"

She sighed. "Fine, what are we talking about?"

"First, you need to tell me what you are dressing up in tomorrow, so I will know not to have the FBI or cops kill you when you shoot me," Chad said.

"More than likely a dress of some kind, and probably a blonde wig."

He nodded. "Make sure you shoot me in the chest, not the head?"

"Of course, I don't want to really kill an agent, I wouldn't forgive myself," she said, frowning.

"Good," Chad replied.

Tyler opened the door again.

"Leaving so soon?" Miranda asked, yawning.

Tyler chuckled. "You have a busy day tomorrow, we'll let you get some sleep, and we'll see you for breakfast."

She nodded and watched the men walk out of the room. She then headed to bed. It was going to be a stressful day tomorrow, and she would need some good sleep.