Chapter 35

The limo pulled into the gates a few minutes later. Miranda waited until they got out, then she got out of her car and sticking to the shadows she snuck up to the outside brick fence and scaled it. She lay down on the top, watching the guards inside. When she was sure that they were gone for a moment, she jumped to the ground and ran to the side of the house. She watched as the men dragged the decoy out of the limo. One of them searched her for wires. They found some in her bracelets she was wearing. The man slapped her and she cried out. 'That was a stupid thing to do,' Miranda thought, 'they wired her, and he found them. It must not have been Tyler that wired her.'

Miranda then watched them drag her inside. Miranda snuck through the bushes and to the back of the house, they were taking her to the room Miranda had been in before. Miranda scaled a rose trellis and climbed onto the balcony, then hid in the corner where she would not be seen by the guards, or Tyrone who had just entered the room. Tyrone started yelling at the woman, Miranda winced at the words he was using, some very bad ones. He was very angry. One of the guards then punched the decoy in the stomach. Tyrone grabbed the necklace from her then.

"This had better be the real thing or you will die," he said, and he and the guards walked out, leaving her sobbing on the bed.

Miranda knocked lightly on the window. The decoy looked up and walking to the window, she opened it, sounding a piercing alarm through the house.

"Trade me clothes now," Miranda hissed. The woman quickly obeyed. They had just switched places and the decoy had hidden under the bed when two men ran in. They saw Miranda on the bed. "You thought you could escape," one of them smirked.

"Who me?" Miranda said, "why would I do that?"

Then the decoy hopped up from behind the bed, "Yes, why would I try and escape?"

"There are two of you?" one of the men asked in surprise.

"Nope, only one of us," Miranda said, "the other is your imagination."

Then Tyrone walked in. "Well, two detectives?" he grinned. "But one of you is a fake, I should have known." He grabbed the decoy, eyeing her clothes.

"Well Detective, you really thought you could fool us, did you? You send us a fake detective and a fake necklace, where is the real one?"

"I gave it to you," Miranda said.

He glared at her. "No, I would be able to tell the real thing. And the real necklace, both are very fake, as are you," he said, eyeing her.

He glared at the decoy. "Where is the real one, tell me now or you both die."

"I don't know, I think I hid it somewhere," the decoy said, her voice staying as calm as possible.

Miranda could tell she was terrified though.

"Where is it?" he screeched, pointing the gun to the decoy's head.

The decoy looked at Miranda, terror in her eyes.

"The Chief of police has it hidden," Miranda shrugged.

He turned to her. "So decoy, you shall go get it for me. If you do not, I will kill the real detective, got it?" He then punched her in the stomach. Miranda winced. The woman did not deserve it.

"Okay, I will go get it," Miranda said, making her voice sound scared. "Just don't hurt the detective anymore, and you have to let her go when I get back."

"Who says I have too?" he smirked.

"Please? I know how much you used to like her."

Tyrone frowned. "Go, or she will die even sooner. Where is the Chief keeping the necklace?" Tyrone asked.