Chapter 46

Outside in the van, Tyler, Joe, and Miranda sat down in the chairs that Tyler had set up in front of his surveillance equipment.

Tyler grinned at Miranda, "It sure is good to see you, cousin of mine, so what happened? We have been worried sick about you."

"I just woke up out of a coma a few days ago," she told him, using her normal voice, "the day you had my memorial. I flew home the next day, and here I am."

"So, did you surprise the hell out of everyone?" he grinned.

Miranda laughed. "Yes, my chief fell out of his chair."

Tyler laughed, "I can only imagine. I suspect Stratton now knows who you are."

"He does, but Cole is really slow on the uptake."

"I noticed, so where should we start?" he asked.

"I don't know," she said. She pulled out the original chip and handed it to him.

"This wouldn't have anything on it."

"No, probably not, how did you get this?"

"Stole it from Tyrone after I shot him."

"How did you escape?"

"I shot Tyrone then ran out and told everyone that there was a mutiny, they believed me. I jumped into his car, and took off."

Tyler laughed. "A mutiny?"

"Yeah," she grinned.

"So, where else should we look for that number?" Tyler asked

Miranda then remembered the necklace in her pocket.

"I think I have something," she said, but as she went to pull it out, Tyler's phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Hey Tyler, look there was a call that just came in and someone said that there are people sneaking around Tyrone's place, go check it out, the three of you," the Chief told him.

"We're on our way," he said.

He turned to Joe and Miranda. "Boss says there are people at Tyrone's so he wants us to go over there."

The two nodded and Tyler hopped into the front seat of his van. The other two buckled up and they were on their way.

Inside the precinct, Cole sat at his desk pondering. Suddenly he felt like he had just been punched in the gut. That woman was Miranda. He would bet his life on it. The things she had said, and the things that the Chief had said, it only made sense.

He ran to the Chief's office. "I'm headed over to Tyrone's also," he said.

The Chief nodded, "I'm sending more backup," he told him as Cole ran out the door.

As they pulled up to the mansion, Miranda took a deep breath.

"Bad memories, huh," Joe said.

She nodded.

"You don't have to come in you know."

"What, and miss out on the fun? Of course, I am coming," she said and took off her sling.

"Is that a smart thing to do?" he asked as they got out of the van.

"Probably not, but I can shoot easier without it," she pointed out.

He nodded and the three snuck up to the crumbling home.

Tyler moved aside the police tape and the three walked into the house.