Chapter 31

Like an alarm was in her head, Miranda woke up again at six, and getting up she showered, dressed, and putting on some makeup and doing her hair, she holstered her gun, and walked out of her door. Joe was sound asleep by her door on a chair.

"Help someone!" Miranda yelled.

Joe came flying off his chair and landed on the floor.

Miranda bust into a fit of giggles, as the other three came running, their guns drawn. But they laughed when they saw Joe getting up off of the floor.

"That was not funny," Joe frowned.

"Yes, it was, besides you are supposed to be watching me, not sleeping," she told him.

"Hey, I was tired," he protested.

She only grinned at him, "Well, since you are awake now, how about breakfast?"

He growled at her and tried to grab her but she ran down the hall laughing.

He only grinned and followed her, as did the others.

In the kitchen they found Miranda pulling out eggs and bacon and bread.

"French Toast?" she asked.

"Sure," Joe said, "but I'll help."

"We will too," John told her.

"Don't leave me out," Becky said.

"You could make the orange juice," Joe told Becky.

Soon they had a production going and not too long later they were sitting down to a nice breakfast.

"So you can cook too?" Aaron grinned at Miranda, "will you marry me?"

Miranda rolled her eyes.

"Sorry, you have a boyfriend?" Aaron asked.

"Yep," she nodded.

"Oh, okay," Aaron shrugged. "He a cop?"

"Yep," she said again.

"Cool," he shrugged.

The men ate like they hadn't eaten in days, which made Miranda and Becky laugh.

"What?" Joe asked.

"You men, you eat like you are starving," Miranda said.

"We are," Joe said, his mouth full of egg. "Are you going to eat that?" he asked pointing to her bacon.

That made the women laugh even harder. "Sure Joe, eat it," Miranda told him.

He grabbed it and shoved it into his mouth, then swallowing he washed it down with juice.

"Better?" Miranda laughed.

"Much," he grinned.

"So what are we doing today?" she asked.

"That depends, how is your head?" Joe asked.

She shook it, wrong thing to do. She went very pale.

"That's what I thought," Joe said, "we are staying here, and you are going to relax, read, draw, whatever, but don't reinjure yourself."

"Relax? What does that mean?" Miranda asked and standing she walked to the sink to do the dishes, but she was cut off, as John and Becky took over.

"You need to rest," Becky told her.

"And you will be doing more resting in California," Joe told her.

"No way Joe, I am going after Tyrone."