Chapter 23

The next few days went by quickly. Miranda stayed low and only went out to get food, then she would cook dinner for Cole and Tyler.

Saturday dawned bright and early for Miranda, but Tyler warned her to stay indoors once again since that day would be the turning point of her career and perhaps her life, so she took the opportunity to call her Chief. She outlined her plan to him, he told her he was proud of her and looked forward to seeing her home soon. She had to admit to him that she missed home. He told her to be safe and that he would see her soon. After she talked to him, she hung around the hotel room, wondering when Tyrone would call.

Cole and the others were preparing for that night, so he and Tyler didn't talk to her that day so they could get ready. She didn't hear from anyone until after 4:00 that afternoon. When her phone rang, she picked up. She knew Tyler would be listening in because he had bugged her phone. "Hello?" she said.

"Lara, this is Alex. The boss said to be ready by six. I'll be by to get you in front of the hotel then. Dress casual, he has clothes for you for the deal."

"I am sure he does," she said.

"See you in a few hours then," and he hung up.

Tyler knocked on her door moments later, and she let him in.

"I heard. So you think the deal is earlier than midnight?"

"Not sure, I guess I will find out though. Are all of you ready?"

"We are, are you?"

"I certainly hope so," she said.

Her phone rang again. It was Cole.

"Hey, Cole."

"Hey love, be safe tonight, okay?"

"I will try my best."

"Do you know what you will be wearing?"

"Not yet. Just don't shoot any females, okay?"

He chuckled. "I won't."

"Good, I'll see you in a few hours. Tyler will let you know what time."

"Okay, see you later." He then hung up.

Miranda turned to Tyler. "How much backup do we have?"

"At least 15 agents and Chief Stratton will have at least thirty or more men, including Cole. As soon as you let us know where and when we will be there. So good luck," he told her hugging her, "and by the way? Chad will be there tonight."

"Coming back from the dead, huh?" she grinned.

"Something like that. He doesn't want to miss out on the action."

"Okay, just don't let any of Tyrone's men see him."

"I will make sure he stays in the background," Tyler assured her. "I'd better head out and get ready," he then said, and after hugging her again, he left the room.

As soon as he left she called room service for dinner but didn't eat much since her stomach was in knots.

She headed to change after eating and put in her earrings and her earpiece, then she put on her necklace.

"Okay Tyler, I'm heading out now," Miranda said.

"Okay, be careful detective, talk to you soon."

The limo was waiting for her as she stepped outside. Alex stepped out and opening the door for her, she climbed in.

"Ready for tonight?" he asked her as he got in to drive. He was the only one in the car.

"I hope so," she said, "I am kind of nervous."