Chapter 20

Miranda decided she was bored after Tyler left, and feeling better since the pain meds kicked in, she headed outside. Just as she hit the sidewalk a limo pulled up to her, and Trent jumped out, grabbed her and tossing her into the limo, they sped off.

Miranda sat up and glared at him. "What was that for?"

"The boss wants to see you."

"How did you know I would be out today?"

"We were watching your hotel," Alex shrugged.

"But he told me to lay low for a few days and now you kidnap me off the streets in front of witnesses, you know someone will call the cops."

"Yeah, probably," Trent grinned, not seeming to care. "The boss is ecstatic; the story is all over the news, that some woman killed an agent, and that all the bad guys got away. It sure makes them look bad, although they are looking for a redhead with a leg wound."

"Does the media know who is in on it?"

"No, but they are linking you to Tyrone."

"Oh goody, I am sure he wanted the publicity."

Alex grinned back at her. "I don't think he cares."

"But I care. I don't want my face all over the news," she complained.

"Don't worry about it, they are looking for a redhead," Alex told her.

"You're right, but still, couldn't you have just called me? I would have willingly come out and met with you two."

"True, but where is the fun in that?" Trent laughed as Alex pulled through the gates of Tyrone's mansion.

Back by the hotel, witnesses had called the cops. Cole was the first on the scene and began asking around who had been kidnapped. A man described Miranda, and Cole paled. He ran to the hotel and ran inside and up the stairs. He pounded on Miranda's door. "Miranda!" he yelled, but there was no answer. Tyler opened his door as Cole pounded on it.

"Cole, what is going on?"

"I think Miranda was just kidnapped."

"What do you mean?"

"We got a call that a woman had been grabbed and thrown into a limo. She fits Miranda's description, right down to the clothes."

"Crap, do we have any leads?"

Cole shook his head as the Tyler headed outside with Cole to question more people. But Tyler was pretty sure he knew where Miranda was already. She was with Tyrone. He just couldn't tell Cole that.

Tyrone met Miranda on the steps of his mansion. He smiled at her as she climbed out. She only frowned at him. "You aren't wearing your earrings or necklace," he accused.

"Sorry, I would have put them on if I had known I was going to be abducted this morning," she said angrily.

"I had you brought here to give you your account number," he said placidly. "I deposited that money for you."

"Thanks," she said, as he helped her inside.

"How is your leg?" he asked, leading her to his sitting room.

"It's been better," she shrugged.

"What are you going to do with your money?" he asked, sitting down by her.

"I don't know, buy me a nice car probably, maybe a house?"

"Sounds good. Are you going to stick around then?"

"Well, if you keep paying me as well as you have been, then you had better believe it," she smiled.

He laughed. "So, you are in it for the money only, and not because you want me too?"