Pain -RM

"My son really wants the keyboard on the top shelf, could you get it for him please?" a customer asked, holding her son's hand. He looked about 4, and neither of them were tall enough to reach the keyboard on the top shelf. Unfortunately, neither was I.

Sighing, I grabbed the ladder from the back room and placed it against the wall. After I was up the ladder, I reached for the keyboard. My ladder wobbled a little, so I stopped and climbed back down to adjust it. I wasn't just scared of falling, I was scared of embarrassing myself.

Then I was up it again and reaching over. This time, instead of a little wobble, the whole ladder came crashing down with me on it. Fortunately for the woman, I had brought a keyboard down with me. She picked it up and walked away, dragging her son behind her and leaving me there.

I wasn't the only one on shift today, but the others were on the cashiers all day, so I doubted they would find me. I was trapped under the ladder, my leg throbbing because it had been hit by the ladder and was now stuck. I wasn't the type of person to shout for help, if that customer had just walked away from me, others could too, and I had already embarrassed myself enough.

First I tried to push the ladder off myself, but the pain got too much and I had to stop. Next I tried sliding out from underneath, but the same problem occurred. The main issue I had, was that my leg was physically trapped under the ladder, which caused a lot of pain.

I didn't go five second without wincing or clenching my fists from the pain. It took over half an hour until a man came round the corner and found me.
"Are you ok?" He asked, immediately rushing to my side.
"I'm a little stuck" I replied, gesturing towards the ladder.

"You want me to help?" He asked.
"Yes please" I said, sighing in relief at his kindness.
"Your leg is really stuck Huh?" He asked, pacing around the ladder.
"Yup, and I tried getting out before but I don't know how" I told him.

"If I lift it, can you try and pull yourself out?" He asked, putting his hands under the ladder. I nodded and braced myself, holding onto the shelf to help pull myself out. He counted down and then picked it up, I could see that it was hard for him, so I ignored the pain and pulled myself free.

He slammed it back down on the floor as soon as I was out. I didn't even look at my leg, I knew it was in a bad state.
"Can you walk?" He asked, but I could tell he already knew the answer.

He picked me up bridal style, being mindful of my leg, and carried me through the store.
"Do you have a boyfriend?" He suddenly asked, not looking at me.
"No, why do you ask?" I questioned.
"The hospital might need someone to contact" he replied quickly.
"Oh" I said, slightly disappointed.

He went to the parking lot, luckily it was reasonably empty now.
"This is my car" he told me, unlocking it and opening the passenger door for me. He put me down and I climbed in the car, not caring that he could potentially be dangerous, I trusted him.

He got in and started driving, humming to himself as he did so.
"Y/n is a pretty name" he said.
"How did yo-"
"Name badge" he replied before I could even ask. I smiled at how observant he was.

"What's your name?" I asked.
"Kim Namjoon, but you can call me RM" he replied. I smiled but all of a sudden he stomped on the brakes, making the car stop. There were tons of cars all queueing up at a red light.
"We aren't going to get anywhere with this traffic" he mumbled.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked. The cars in front of us weren't moving, so I thought it was easier to try small talk rather than silence.
"No" he replied, laughing a little.
"What's funny?" I asked.
"Nothing, I just don't think the doctors are going to ask me that" he joked.

"I was asking, not the doctors" I told him.
"Why?" He asked.
"You're pushing your luck" I said, and he smiled. We had spent 10 minutes stuck in the same place before RM was tired of it. He reversed slightly and swirved right, parking the car at the side.

"We are walking" he told me, getting out of the car again. I internally groaned, but limped to the path, leaning into RM when he supported me.
"How do you know the way?" I asked him, distracting myself from the pain shooting up my leg.
"My mum works here" he said, surprising me slightly but I hid it.

"Only a little bit longer now" he reassured me, and he wasn't lying. In less than 5 minutes we arrived at the hospital, and were told to sit in the waiting room until we were called.
"My mum is going to treat you, and she's really good at her job" he told me, smiling proudly.
"I'm glad I'm in good hands" I replied, filling out a form to explain what happened.

"What's the time?" I asked, trying to work out how long it had been.
"About 4pm, why?" He questioned.
"It's one of the questions" I explained.
"What the time is now?" He asked, confused.
"No, how long I've been hurt" I told him.

"How long have you been hurt?" He asked.
"It's almost been an hour now" I said nonchalantly, finishing off the questions.
"An hour?! But we only took 15 minutes to get here!" He exclaimed.
"You took a while to arrive, my Prince" I teased, but he wasn't in the mood to joke around.

"You had been lying there for over half an hour! What if you were badly injured, you could have died" he muttered, pacing in front of me.
"But I wasn't" I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the seat beside me.
"Alright, I guess you weren't" he sighed.

When I went to let go of his hand, he held on tighter until I stopped. I blushed slightly at this, it gave me butterflies.
"Y/n" a doctor called out. We followed the voice, not letting go of each other's hand. I sat on the bed in the room, watching as RM hugged the doctor.

"Hello, I am RM's mother, your doctor today" she said with a smile.
"I'm glad I finally get to meet you, but I'm sorry about the circumstances" she said.
"Wait, How did you know about me before?" I asked.
"RM told me about you" she replied, looking at him.

"Oh um, can I have a minute alone with y/n?" He asked her.
"Ok, those painkillers will kick in soon though so I'll be back shortly" she replied, before swiftly leaving the room.
"What did she mean?" I questioned, looking at him suspiciously.

"Ok, I can explain" he said, and I waited for him to start.
"I've been visiting your shop for a while, because I like seeing you" he said.
"That's where I know you from!" I replied, finally realising that he had come to the shop almost every day that I worked, but never said anything.

"But I wasn't brave enough to talk to a girl as pretty as you, so I kept my distance" he explained, making me feel sorry for him.
"If me hurting myself brought us together, I would happily fall for you again" I joked, making him laugh.

"So, do you think you can forgive me for not talking to you?" He asked, with a pout. I paused for a moment, smirking when he looked seriously scared about my answer.
"Absolutely" I replied.

"Good, so I can finally do this" he said, before coming over to the bed and kissing me. His hands were on my waist, and mine were wrapped around his neck. I gladly kissed him back until there was a cough from behind him,
"Can I treat my patient now?" His mum asked, a smile playing at her lips.