Prom -V

"It'll be worth it in the end, he really wants to go" Flo said as I tried on the fifth dress so far.
"You know none of these dresses suit me, right?" I asked, sighing because I hated the way this one looked too.
"That's because I'm picking them out, you should choose one that you like" she replied, shaking her head at me.

"Fine" I said, taking off this failed attempt and walking around the shop. It was only when I was rifling through a bunch of old fashioned dresses that I found it, the perfect one.

"Come" I pleaded Flo, who was just paying for her dress.
"Where are we going?" She asked as I dragged her across the street. We went into a cute looking shop, with a dress in the window that I was drawn to. It wasn't perfect, but I had alterations in mind that I could add to it that would make it perfect.

"Are you sure?" Flo asked me for the third time.
"Yes, I have the material and sewing machine at home, what could go wrong!" I reassured her, buying the dress at the till. I thanked the cashier and then we left. I said goodbye to Flo, before heading home so I could get started on my dress.

Tae called me when I was sewing, and I picked up.
"Hey, I know you aren't excited about tonight, but it means the world to me that you're going" he said.
"I am a bit excited, at least I get to spend all night with you" I told him.
"Thank you y/n" he said, and I could hear the relief in his voice.
"Anything for the best boyfriend in the world" I said.

"I'll pick you up at 6pm" he told me, before hanging up. I had a lot to get done, and not a lot of time. So I worked hard to get everything finished and perfect for him.

When 6pm came, I was just doing my hair. As I had just finished, the doorbell rang. I managed one last glance at myself before running to answer it.

"Your Prince has arrived!" I heard Tae call through the door. I opened it and curtsied to him, playing along. His jaw dropped, I had wanted a reaction but I didn't expect that.
"You look beautiful" he said in awe, making me blush.
"You don't look so bad yourself" I teased.

In reality I loved what he was wearing. He had matched his navy blue suit well with a black tie. He had even gone to the trouble of dying his hair back to brown, after a year of it being red. I stared into his deep brown eyes, often thinking I saw a twinkle in them.

"Ready to go?" He asked, snapping me out of my daze.
"Yep" I replied, taking his outstretched hand. I shut the door behind me and only then did I notice the limo behind him.
"You didn't-" I said, looking from the limo to Tae and back again.
"Anything for my princess" he replied with a wink, before pulling me towards it.

"To prom please" he told the driver before we climbed into the limo. The black seats stretched all around the limo, and there was food on a table in the middle. I sat near the door, with Tae beside me, it seemed like a lot of space was wasted.

"Don't sit so far away" he pouted, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me closer.
"But we could sit anywhere" I said, leaning my head on his shoulder.
"And I want you close to me" he replied, making me smile.

I played with his hair, twisting it in my fingers. Before I knew it, we had arrived. Tae paid the driver and then we walked to the town hall. Music radiated out of the building, and the lights from inside could be seen from a mile away. I was anxious, but I knew I had to do this for Tae.

We entered and were met by a man at reception, waiting to sign guests in.
"Welcome! Please sign your name here, and then again at the end of the night" he said with a smile. Tae and I signed our names, before he grabbed my hand and pulled me into the loud room.

We stood in the corner for a bit, making polite conversation to our friends. I often went to get food, but never took too long in fear of Tae talking to another girl. It's not like that was ridiculous, everyone here was so gorgeous, the room was filled with glittering dresses and colourful tuxes.

All of a sudden, a slow song came on. Most people either partnered up or left the dance floor. Tae turned to face me,
"Do you want to dance?" He asked nervously.
"I thought you'd never ask" I joked, making him ease up immediately.

I pulled him onto the dance floor and wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands were on my waist as we swayed to the music. I couldn't help but look around to the people around us, it made me feel as though they were watching me.

Tae lifted a hand to my face and tilted my head so I was facing him.
"It's just you and me" he whispered, pulling me into him. I leaned my head on his shoulder, listening to him humming along to the music.

"Thank you" I mumbled into his shoulder.
"What was that?" He teased smugly. I looked up at him, and kissed those smirking lips.
"I love you, you fool" I said, before kissing him again.