Time -Jungkook

My phone rang from the table, I rushed over to pick it up, hoping it would be Jungkook. I knew my wishes were granted as I heard his voice,
"Hey y/n" he said.
"Hi" I replied.
"Listen, I heard what happened with-"
"Don't say his name" I interrupted him.

"Oh sorry, well I heard what happened and I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry" he said.
"Can you come over?" I asked.
"Sure, I'll be there in like 5 minutes" he said before hanging up. Unexpectedly, he was on time, after exactly 5 minutes he rang the doorbell.

I opened the door and saw Jungkook standing there holding ice cream and flowers,
"For you" he said. I took the flowers and put them in a vase as he sat on the sofa.
"You really didn't have to" I told him, grabbing two spoons for us and then joining him on the sofa.

"I don't mind" he assured me. We started eating the ice cream, I could feel his eyes on me as if he wanted to ask me something but didn't know how.
"I ended it with him, not the other way round" I said, startling him slightly.
"Why?" He asked, and I sighed.
"I like someone else" I told him truthfully, looking up at him as if to give a small hint.

"Someone else?" He asked, his eyebrow raised slightly. I nodded and then something jogged my memory,
"Didn't you have a crush on someone ages ago, how did that go?" I asked. He had let it slip once that he was in love with someone, but then tried to convince me it was just a crush and I didn't know whether to believe him or not.

"Oh, yeah it didn't work out. I just don't know if she likes me" he replied quickly.
"Who is it?" I asked.
"You don't know her" he said hesitantly. I didn't trust him, it felt like there was something he wasn't telling me.

Suddenly my phone began to ring, I picked it up off the table and paced around the sofa with it.
"It's he who shall not be named" I told Jungkook.
"What does he want?" He asked.
"I'm about to find out" I replied, answering the call. Jungkook didn't look happy about it.

We had barely said hello to one another when he started begging for another chance with me.
"Hang on" I told him, muting my side of the call.
"He wants to get back together" I said, my eyes meeting Jungkook's.
"You can't-" he replied quickly, but then stopped himself.
"Do you want to?" He asked.
"I mean, I broke up with him not the other way around. Doesn't that answer your question?" I responded.

"Good" he mumbled.
"Why is that good?" I asked, and he looked surprised that I had heard.
"Don't keep him waiting" he told me, dodging the question. I unmuted my side of the call and told him multiple times that I didn't want to get back together, but he didn't listen.

"Oh for goodness sake" I muttered, throwing the phone to Jungkook.
"What do you want me to do?" He whispered.
"Tell him it's over, he's not listening to me" I whispered back. He put the phone to his ear and was quiet for a few moments, until he burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry, this guy is so desperate, I can't believe you dated him" he said, before addressing my ex.
"Listen, whatever you had with y/n, it's over now" he blatantly told him and then hung up the phone.
"He wasn't like that when we dated" I assured him, catching my phone when he threw it back.

"So why don't you want me to get back together with him?" I asked.
"What do you mean?" He questioned, acting innocent.
"You said it was good that I didn't want him as my boyfriend again" I told him.
"Um, well maybe I still have a crush on that girl from before" he replied
"But why does that affect me-" I trailed off as realisation hit me.

"Is it me?" I whispered, climbing over the sofa to sit beside him. He nodded and looked down at his hands.
"You don't have to say anything, I can just go" he said, standing up and heading towards the front door. I rushed after him and grabbed his arm, stopping him from progressing any further.

"How long?" I asked.
"What?" He questioned, barely looking at me.
"How long have you liked me?" I clarified. He thought for a moment,
"4 years" he replied.
"5 years" I told him with a smile.
"What? No, since you and that shirtless guy were together" he explained.

"I mean, I've liked you for 5 years: since you dated purple-hair girl" I said, laughing because of how stupid it all seemed. His hands cupped my face and he kissed me, it felt as though electricity raced through my body. If I believed in soulmates, Jungkook would be mine.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He joked, ending the kiss.
"I could say the same" I teased.
"You've liked me for longer, so you had more opportunities" he said.
"You've dated way more people than me, I didn't want to ruin your relationships" I replied.

"So let's say we never found a good time before, what about now?" I asked.
"Now we are ready for anything" he replied, kissing me as he pulled me onto his lap.
"Together" he added, and I wrapped my arms around his neck and continued to kiss him for all the years we had missed.