Cheater -RM

"Y/n!" Someone called. I stopped walking and turned around to see RM running to catch up with me.
"Hi!" I greeted him with a smile.
"What are you up to?" He asked.
"Just shopping" I replied, showing him the bags in my hand.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"It's weird, but I was actually meaning to talk to you" he replied.

"What about?" I questioned.
"I don't know, I guess I just missed you" he replied.
"Are you free right now?" I asked.
"Yes, do you want to go get something to eat?" He offered. I nodded and followed him to a cafe nearby.

"This is sweet" I said, looking around at a little cottage. They had transformed it from a house to a cafe, and decorated it with pretty lights and pastel coloured tables. We sat at a light blue table with painted on clouds, it was in the corner of the room, near a window.

"So, are you still with Jericho?" He asked as soon as we sat down.
"Actually no, we ended it mutually" I said. A waiter came over and asked for our orders, I asked for water and a cookie, and RM got the same.
"What about you, do you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do actually" he said, nodding slightly. For some reason this disappointed me slightly, but I shrugged it off and tried to ignore it.
"But I don't think it's working out" he added, looking up at me. I felt a weight off my chest, but then caught myself and focused on RM again.
"Oh I'm sorry, why is that?" I asked.
"I think she's cheating on me" he replied, shrugging.
"Are you sure?" I questioned.
"Pretty much, there were loads of texts on her phone to someone, and she keeps coming home really late" he said.

"I'm so sorry" I told him, reaching out and putting my hand on his comfortingly.
"It's fine, I'll have to confront her about it someday" he said.
"Sooner rather than later" I added, and he agreed. Our orders came relatively quickly and we started trying to throw pieces of cookie into the air and catch them in our mouth, he was better than me at it but it was still fun.

"You're so crazy" he said through laughter.
"Says you, you're the one who started it" I replied, brushing the cookie crumbs off my hands. We both stood up and reached for the bill, ending up closer together than expected.

We didn't move, didn't breathe as if to spoil the moment. He leaned further over the table and kissed me, his hands intertwined with mine. I pulled away when I realised what was happening, I was no longer under the influence of his proximity.

"Did you just cheat on your girlfriend?" I asked, touching my lips as if to check it actually happened.
"Oh my god I did! What was I thinking?" He asked, panicking.
"It's ok, I won't tell her" I said.
"I was going to break up with her anyway, might as well have a better reason" he told me.
"What reason?" I asked.
"I like you, not her, I may even be in love you" he replied suddenly.

"What?!" I asked, not expecting that.
"I need to end it with her, I need to be with you" he said, grabbing my hands and pulling me close.
"Don't keep me waiting" I joked. Before he left I kissed him on the cheek, telling him to hurry back.

I smiled, thinking about our future, about having a relationship with RM. At least, at this point I was hoping that's what he wanted, I certainly did. I paid the bill and waited outside the cottage for him, I knew he wouldn't be long.

In under 10 minutes he came into view again, jogging towards me.
"It's over" he called, before coming to a stop in front of me,
"It's over" he repeated, panting slightly.
"Did you run all that way?" I asked, holding him close for support.
"Yes, I just really wanted to get back to you" he replied, his breathing getting back to normal now.

"How did it go?" I asked, nervously waiting for his answer.
"Well, given that I found her kissing another boy, it was fast and easy" he told me.
"I'm so sorry" I said.
"It's ok, I've found someone new" he replied with a smile. He held my hand and swung it back and forth as we walked aimlessly.

"Is it too early for a new girlfriend?" I asked.
"Not if that new girlfriend is you" he replied.
"Then do you want to be my boyfriend?" I asked.
"Of course" he replied, pulling me into a hug. His arms felt protective as they wrapped around me, and I was glad we finally found each other.