Anniversary -V

Go to my studio, I have to stay late but I can't wait any longer to see you. Knock twice and wait for someone to open the door, then follow them to me. I have a little surprise for you. -V

I read the note twice, double checking I had read it right. We had promised each other nothing big this year, I guess he couldn't help himself. It made me smile, and I immediately started making my way to his studio.

It was raining outside, but I was in such a rush I hadn't even thought about grabbing an umbrella. I walked faster through the heavy wind, sticking to the paths as some of them were under cover. When his studio came into view I jogged towards it, trying to shake off the rain a bit before I got inside.

I went up the stairs to the room I knew Tae would be in, before knocking on the door twice. There was no response from within, you could hear a pin drop from how silent it was. I tried knocking again, I even tried calling out to him but still got nothing.

I reached for the doorknob and turned it, the door opened. I stepped in, candlelight hit me from all angles, and I almost stepped back out again when I realised the candles were leading me somewhere. I shut the door and put my hands over the fire to warm them up a bit.

After I was a bit warmer, I followed the path of flames, every turn making my stomach flip with nerves. Finally the maze ended in an adjoining room, I peaked around the doorway and saw BTS talking to each other. None of them noticed me as I stood there, so I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"Y/n!" Tae said cheerfully.
"What is all this?" I asked, smiling at them all.
"An anniversary present" he replied with a wink.
"Tae" RM hissed, to which Tae turned to face him.
"She's shivering" he whispered, gesturing for Tae to give me his jacket. It was only then that I even realised I was cold, the rain must've had more of an effect on me then I thought.

Tae quickly took of his jacket and put it over my shoulders.
"Thank you" I said, hugging it to myself.
"Now for my surprise" he said, and they all pulled a piece of paper out of their pockets simultaneously.

"Y/n, you mean the world to me, and I found this poem to show you that. We're gonna read it for you, and then we are going to go out and do something together for the rest of the night" he told me. Jungkook pushed a chair towards me and I sat down, thanking him.

"I carry your heart with me (I carry it in
my heart)
I am never without it (anywhere I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling)
I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet)
I want no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)" they said in harmony, bringing a tear to my eye.
(Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/i-carry-your-heart-with-me-by-ee-cummings)

I got up and hugged him tight, putting my head on his shoulder facing the wall so they wouldn't see me crying.
"Did you like it?" He whispered.
"I loved it" I replied, kissing his cheek.
"Will we all get thanked like that?" Jungkook joked, earning an elbow from Jin beside him.

"And now we can go out dancing right?" Jimin asked with a grin.
"We hadn't told her that part yet" RM sighed.
"I love dancing" I said, finally letting go of Tae.
"Then let's go" J-hope cheered, leading us out of the room.

"Wait" I called, and they all stopped to look at me.
"It's still raining" I told them, gesturing to the window through which the heavy rain was visible.
"Luckily we can get changed at the club, I brought clothes for us all beforehand" RM said, and we all thanked him. Then we proceeded out of the building and ran towards the club, Tae was holding my hand all the way.

When we finally arrived, RM lead us to a private room, in which lay 8 piles of clothes for us all.
"How did you know it would be raining?" Jin asked.
"I'm always prepared" RM assured us, grinning. We got changed separately, I was last and, based on the boys tuxes, I thought I would be wearing something out of my comfort zone. Fortunately RM knew me better than that and when I picked up the black dress, it was not too showy or tight.

I put it on and left the room, hugging RM as soon as I found him in the busy club.
"Thank you, I love this dress" I said.
"No problem" he replied.
"You have surprisingly good taste" I teased.
"Who do you think picked out Tae's present for you?" He replied sarcastically. I laughed and then went to find my boyfriend, but upon first glance he was no where to be found.

"Boo!" Tae shouted in my ear, making me squeal. I span to face him, pouting.
"Aww, you're so cute" he said, putting his hand under my chin.
"Were you looking for me?" He asked with a smirk.
"Nope, I was trying to find Jungkook" I lied, but he saw straight through me.
"Jungkook can't kiss you like I can" he whispered, pulling me closer.

"Wanna test that theory?" I teased, ruffling his hair.
"You want to kiss Jungkook?" He asked, looking surprised.
"No! I just meant, I um. I wanted you to kiss me" I blurted, getting flustered because I thought he got the wrong message.
"I'm kidding, I know you would never cheat on me" he laughed, before suddenly getting serious.
"And if you did, there would be consequences" he added, but then the serious tone switched out for a mischievous glint in his eye.

"Now let's test the theory" he joked, pressing me against the wall and kissing me. His hands were either side of me, blocking any escape, but I didn't want escape, I wanted Tae forever and always.