The setup -V

"I really don't want to do this" I pleaded, looking up at Jimin with puppy eyes.
"Please" he begged back. It was a competition on who would break first, and sadly that was me.
"Fine, Fine" I gave in, dropping my head to my hands.
"Good Girl, now come look at this dress I picked for you" he told me.

I trudged after him into my room, where a dress was spread out on my bed.
"Am I going to a wedding?" I asked sarcastically. The dress was big and white, it took up the entire bed with its soft, laced fabric.
"Joke all you want, I think it's perfect" Jimin insisted.

"No way, pick something I already own you doofus" I said, disregarding the dress.
"Fine" he huffed, opening my closet. He spent a good ten minutes sulking as he drifted his fingers along all my clothes disappointedly.
"Just choose one" I sighed, making him finally pull out a long strapless dress I hadn't seen in years.

"How is that thing still in there?" I muttered, staring at it. It flowed from black at the top, to white at the bottom, with a skirt that gently swayed with every movement.

 It flowed from black at the top, to white at the bottom, with a skirt that gently swayed with every movement

( ^ this is what I based the dress on but you can imagine it how you wish ^ )

"Try it on" Jimin instructed me, clapping his hands in excitement as I shut the bathroom door behind me. I could hear him pacing around the room, nervously awaiting for me to put on the dress. As I put it on I had to admit, I liked the way it looked. I even had shoes and a jacket in mind to match it with.

"Are you done yet?" Jimin whined, knocking on the door.
"Yes" I sighed, opening the door and peeking my head out.
"Show me" he quickly said, ushering me into my room. I moved around the door, trying to take as much time as possible, but soon he was beaming with joy.

"You look beautiful" he told me.
"You're only saying that because you're my best friend" I mumbled, but I couldn't stay grumpy long as his excitement passed on to me quickly.
"And I have the perfect accessories" I told him. I threw on some black shoes and a jacket, before twirling in front of him.

"Yes! Now we need to do your hair and makeup" he said.
"Do I really need it though?" I asked, pouting.
"Just a little" he assured me. He sat me down in front of a mirror and applied a tiny bit of makeup, before moving onto my hair.

It took almost an hour, when finally he told me he was finished. It felt a lot lighter and had waves which looked so incredible, I was really happy with it.
"Thank you" I said, kissing him on the cheek to show my appreciation.
"No problem" he replied.
"You have ten minutes and then you need to be in the car" he instructed me, before leaving the room. I heard his footsteps go downstairs.

I wasted all ten minutes on my phone, scrolling through various social medias before Jimin called from downstairs.
"Hurry up" he shouted when I took too long to exit my room. I rushed down the stairs and grabbed my bag before following Jimin out the door.

"You still have time to stop this" I told him as we got into the car. He turned on the engine,
"Not gonna happen" he replied, smirking. I sighed, but as soon as we started driving my nerves kicked in.
"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, twiddling my fingers.

"Absolutely, you and Tae are going to hit it off" he assured me.
"Wait, you never told me that my date was Tae" I said.
"I didn't?..." he asked quietly, clearly he thought I knew.
"No, you didn't" I told him.

"Well, now you know" he said, before stopping the car.
"Are we here already?" I asked, looking out the window to the busy street around us.
"Yep" he replied, opening the car door. I followed him out and stared up at the cafe before us.
"Why did I need to dress up for this?" I asked, feeling very overdressed.
"Don't worry, he is just picking you up here" he assured me, and I answered with a nod.

We walked in and I tried to avoid the eye contact of everyone who had clearly noticed my attire. Tae was sitting on a corner table, playing on his phone.
"Tae!" Jimin called as we walked over. Tae looked up and smiled brightly at us, I loved the way his eyes lit up when he smiled.

"Woah, you look gorgeous" Tae said, reaching out and feeling the fabric of my skirt as he spoke.
"Thank you" I replied, smiling at his gesture.
"Off you two go, I'm shipping you already" Jimin said, forcing us both out the door.
"Where are we going?" I whispered to Tae.
"It's a surprise" he replied with a wink, taking my hand and guiding me away from the cafe.

Jimin waved goodbye before getting in his car, leaving me with Tae, who was leading me towards a paintball place. I kept hoping he would change direction, alas he did not, and soon we were outside it.
"Did Jimin tell you to dress up?" He asked nervously, glancing from my way too fancy outfit to the sign saying 'paintball'.

"Not only that, he picked out my outfit" I told him, and then suddenly I had an idea.
"Give me two minutes" I said, before running off to a stationary store. I grabbed a pair of scissors and payed for them, getting weird looks and sniggers from customers that were shopping.

When I got out of the store, I used the scissors to shorten my dress by cutting off some of the skirt. It didn't look the best, but it would help me be able to move better and play paintball. I threw the waste material into the bin and returned the scissors, not bothering to get my money back for them. Then I ran back to Tae.

"I didn't know if you were coming back" he joked. I span to show him the changes I had made,
"Ah looks good, now you can play" he said with a grin.
"I can try, but I've never played paintball before" I told him. He looked shocked,
"Never?" He asked.
"Never ever" I replied.
"Well, I'll teach you then" he said, holding my hand and dragging me into the building.

"We are going to be against my other friends, but don't worry, I'll tell them to go easy on you" he assured me with a wink. Across the room was J-hope, Suga and Jungkook, whom I guessed would be against Tae and I. I could see them whispering to each other, making me even more nervous for this 'date'.

"Come on y/n, time to beat them" Tae called, grinning evilly at his friends. I followed him into a separate room, which Tae said was for 'gearing up' and 'discussing our tactics'. I put on a safety jacket to protect my arms, since I knew paintball can be painful.

Tae gave me a helmet and I put it on, as well as some goggles. I was sad that it covered my wavy hair, but at least I wouldn't get paint in it now.
"Great, now we are ready for war" he said, throwing a paintball gun to me.
"Woah, calm down, I still don't know how to use this" I told him, making him stop heading towards the exit.
"Oh yeah" he mumbled.

He came over and put his own gun down, before showing me how to hold mine.
"Right, you need to hold it with your hand there, and that's the trigger. This is where you put in the ammo, and obviously use your other arm to support it here" he instructed me, adjusting my arms so that I held the gun comfortably.
"Thank you" I said, practising by aiming at various things in the room.

"No problem angel eyes" he said.
"Angel eyes?" I asked, blushing slightly.
"Oh, well your eyes shine so bright I thought I might call you angel eyes" he replied. I smiled and kissed him on the cheek,
"For luck" I explained.
"I'm gonna need more luck than that" he teased, before putting a hand on my face and turning it towards him.

He kissed me, our helmets bumped awkwardly but I didn't care. Just as he pulled away from me I accidentally pulled the trigger of my gun, shooting myself in the foot -it ruined the moment slightly but if it didn't happen I would've been a blushing, stuttering mess.
"Ow" I muttered, aiming the gun elsewhere.
"Aww my poor angel eyes has been injured" Tae said, pouting.

"At least I know what it's like, so I'm ready for when I get hit in battle" I said, pulling him towards the door.
"I won't let you, I'm your protector" he said with a wink.

And in the end he tried to protect me, but I still got more bruises than he did -we found that out while talking on our second date. However we did beat J-hope, Suga and Jungkook, which shows just how good of a team we are. Jungkook ships us the most, and I even gave Tae a nickname as well: Tea -it makes me laugh every time because it's a variation of his name. I'm glad Jimin set us up, I've never been happier.