Arranged -Suga

"You will try to learn about his life, don't talk about yourself too much, I know you like to waffle on, but don't." my mum lectured me as we waited in the car.
"Don't forget to smile" my dad joined in. They had been telling me exactly how to act, it's safe to say they wanted me to make a good impression.

We were waiting until my parent's friends arrived, who were bringing their son. It was planned to be an arranged marriage, they were doing it for the money. If their son liked me, we would be married and my family would share his money. It sounds old fashioned, but that is my life.

A car pulled up beside us, not a car a limo. Two men in tuxedos climbed out, followed by;
A thin but pretty woman wearing all red, it was a flowing gown that drifted onto the floor as she climbed out.
A man, who was short and had a smile plastered on his face, he was wearing a red tie to match the woman.
Lastly there was a boy, around my age, his hair was mint green and that was his most striking feature, his eyes stayed on the ground as he walked.

"Ready?" My dad asked, straightening his tie.
"Not like I have a choice" I mumbled.
"No mumbling, speak clearly or don't speak at all" my mum scolded me, a disappointed look on her face.
"Sorry" I said, playing with the sleeves on my dress.
"Don't do that, you might rip the fabric" she told me, huffing before getting out of the car. This was going to be a long night.

My dad lead the way to the restaurant, I trailed along behind at a distance. My mum gestured for me to hold my head up as I walked, but I pretended I didn't see her and looked down at the ground instead. I heard our two families greeting each other, saying how nice it was that we could finally meet -since we were now of age to get married.

"We've got a reservation" I heard, realising just in time that they were entering the restaurant. I followed them in, strangely the boy waited for me to go in first, maybe he didn't want this either.

We were brought up some stairs, and into a private room for just us. As our parent stood and talked, the boy and I sat at the table opposite each other, in silence. I couldn't stop fiddling with my dress, I hated wearing things like this, too tight and not at all comfortable. Luckily I had a plan.

While my parents were still distracted with his, I snuck to the bathroom. He gave me a weird look but I just smiled politely and closed the door behind me. I changed in the bathroom, preparing myself for the angry glares of my parents, I didn't wear my normal clothes at least, I tried to look nice. I snuck back out and straight to my seat, leaning back on the chair out of habit.

He was smirking at me, I noticed out of the corner of my eye.
"What?" I asked, and he seemed a bit taken aback.
"Nothing" he replied quickly. Our parents came over, mine were staring daggers at me but they soon forgot as the waiter arrived.

My dad ordered for my family, I wasn't listening when he did so I was in for a surprise. When the food came, a big plate of salad was placed in front of me. I looked disgustedly down at it, hating all the green. I heard laughing from the other side of the table and I kicked the boy, that made him quiet.

I stifled my laughter when he tried to kick me back but missed. His mother cleared her throat to get our attention, then she stood.
"I'm sure you have met my son, Suga" she said, gesturing to him.
"We would be delighted for you two to get to know each other better" she continued.
"So tomorrow you will go on a date" his dad finished, standing up and raising his glass.

My jaw fell open, and I only just shut it before my parents saw, but Suga had the same reaction and he wasn't so quick.
"Shut your trap" I hissed, and he did, fortunately our parents missed that too.

They kept making polite conversation as I played with the leaves that decorated my plate. Suga was lucky and got edible food, unlike me, not that he offered to share any with me.
"And the next step will be marriage" my dad said, making me immediately turn to him.
"Let's celebrate!" My mum said cheerily, popping open a bottle of wine. They all stood and went over to a sofa by the corner and started to drink as me and Suga stayed seated.

Before I knew it they were laughing, loudly. Suddenly there was a hand on my arm, pulling me and almost making me fall off my chair.
"Hey!" I said, standing up.
"Come on" he whispered, dragging me to the bathroom.
"Woah, slow down, I don't even like you like that" I told him, trying to escape his tight grasp on my arm.

"Calm down Princess, I'm only showing you a way out" he replied, I could hear him rolling his eyes.
"Princess?" I asked.
"Well I don't know your name do I" he responded.
"Fair point" I mumbled. Inside the bathroom was a window, which was big enough for us to climb out of.

He opened the window and climbed out, before grabbing hold of a pipe and sliding down.
"Cool" I whispered.
"You want some help?" He asked.
"Um no" I replied, smirking at his slightly surprised expression. Unlike him, I climbed out the window and then jumped straight to the ground, it wasn't that far so I was fine. I landed with a thump and then dusted myself off before catching his impressed expression.

"Let's go" he said, grabbing my hand. I didn't fight him on that, I was too lost to know where we were going. He led us to a pizza place, before telling me to wait outside. A couple of minutes later he came out, holding two boxes of pizza. We sat on a bench outside and he handed me one of the boxes.
"How are you still hungry?" I asked, remembering the spaghetti he ate earlier.

"I'm never not hungry" he replied, already eating.
"Same I guess" I mumbled.
"You mumble a lot" he said.
"I know" I replied, not sure if that was a bad thing.
"Your not like anyone else I know" he added.
"Is that good?" I asked.
"Yes, definitely" he assured me.

As soon as we were full of pizza, he turned to me.
"Do you want to marry me?" He asked.
"Why I thought you'd never ask!" I joked, but then saw his serious expression.
"Well, to be honest, I want to marry someone who loves me, and that I love in return" I told him truthfully.
"And I think that's possible with you" I said, nervously waiting for his response.

He stared blankly at me for a minute, before moving closer to me slightly. I looked into his eyes, they had a shine from a lamppost nearby, which was also illuminating his features beautifully. He kissed me suddenly, and I could feel myself going red. When he pulled away he simply held my hand as we watched people walk past.
"I think it's possible with you too" he said.

After counting over 100 stars in the Sky, I knew we had been gone for a while.
"We should get back" I told him. I looked at the time on my phone,
"My parents are going to think I've run away!" I exclaimed, speeding up my pace. I dragged him along behind, he was laughing at me.
"No they aren't" he said through laughter.
"Why not?" I asked.

"I told them where we were going" he assured me. I hit him on the arm,
"You should've told me!" I said. He faked being in pain from my punch, and I couldn't help myself from laughing.
"And she's cute too" he whispered to himself as we climbed back into the bathroom.
"I heard that" I replied, smirking when he went slightly red.

"Your back!" I heard, making me internally groan at the sound of my mum's voice. She sounded drunk, but it was nothing worse than I had dealt with before..
"Come on" Suga said, his hand instantly reaching for mine the second he could. We sat back down and made fun of our parents, planning for our date tomorrow together.