The ring -Jungkook

We cowered against the wall, his hand was over my mouth to cover my shaky breaths. The man slowly moved closer, passing the dagger from one hand to the other teasingly. I hoped he didn't know we were behind the sofa, but hope breeds eternal misery.

I pushed his hand away and kissed his cheek with tears in my eyes,
"Stay here" I whispered. He wanted to reply but I had already stood up, I met eyes with the man. A smile crept up his face as I shuffled around the room, trying to get to the door.

I bolted, running as fast as I could in an attempt to get out the door and leave the house. Of course this was all to distract him from Jungkook, but trying to survive is a natural human instinct. I didn't make it out the house, I didn't make it out the room, I didn't make it, but Jungkook did.

> 1 hour earlier <

"Are you sure no one is home?" I asked nervously.
"Positive, we will be in and out super quick. Follow me" he replied with a reassuring smile. He lead me round the house to the back, where a ladder leant up against the wall.
"Please don't say we are going to climb that" I groaned, but his facial expression told me that was exactly what we were going to do.
"I'll hold it for you, it'll be fine" he assured me.

I nervously climbed the ladder, not looking down even for a glimpse. I reached the top and there was an open window slightly to my right,
"Climb in there and I'll follow you" Jungkook shouted from below. I reached over and grabbed onto the windowsill before swinging my leg in and then climbing the rest of the way.

While I waited for Jungkook, I looked around the room a bit. It was painted pale pink, and there was a matching pink bed and cupboard. There were drawings on the walls around the room, and a little table with the pens and pencils scattered on it. It looked as though someone had spent a lot of time decorating.

There was a loud crash behind me, I spun round to see Jungkook halfway in the window trying to pull himself in. I rushed over and took his hands to help him, eventually he got inside and brushed himself off.
"Thanks" he mumbled, clearly a bit embarrassed.

He cleared his throat before walking across the room and silently opening the door, checking left and right.
"I thought you said no one was here" I said suspiciously.
"I did, but I'm just being careful" he replied, gesturing for me to come. We split up, I went left and he went right in search for the master bedroom -where we hoped the ring would be.

He had been gambling and lost his grandmothers ring to a man, who he followed to this house. Now we are breaking in to get it back, it means a lot to Jungkook so I don't really have a choice. The people he gambled with are dangerous, so we have to be careful.

"Y/n, I found it" Jungkook called, and I followed his voice to a closed door at the end of the hallway. I opened it and saw Jungkook picking up the ring from a bedside drawer.
"Hurry up, we need to leave" I said, and he slammed the drawer shut, then jogged over to me.
"Let's go" he said, passing me in the doorway.

He paused in the corridor, I put my hand on his shoulder,
"We have the ring back, it's ok, we are good now" I said, trying to comfort him because I thought he was upset.
"It's not that, I think... I think someone is home" he told me, fear visible in his voice.

"Then we need to hurry" I said, trying to stay calm. He snuck down the corridor to one of the many doors and opened it slowly and quietly. He pulled me inside before shutting the door behind us.
"Jungkook" I whispered, panicking.
"What-" he asked, before realising his mistake.
"We're in the wrong room" I said.

Suddenly footsteps came up the stairs, I pulled Jungkook behind a sofa in the room, hoping we were hidden enough and would be ok.
"He doesn't know we're here, he can't..." Jungkook muttered in disbelief.
"Jungkook I love you" I said quickly, feeling anxious that we might not make it out of this easily.
"I love you too" he whispered, holding my hand.

The footsteps stopped outside in the corridor somewhere, I crossed my fingers that they weren't outside this room. But they were, the door opened with a creak, and an evil laugh echoed around the room. He held a dagger in one hand, I could see the shadow on the ground. That's when I knew we should never have came, when I knew we couldn't get out.