Chapter 28

After I apoligized to Trojan, she actually seemed kinda cool. She wants to show me around so that we can go have fun. Mom said that I could, as long as I ate.

    I hop into Trojan's car and buckle up."So where are we going?"

    "Old trampoline arena. It was shut down about ten years ago." She explains.

    "Nice. By the way, I like your accent." I say.

    "Thanks. I like your's too." I smile."Here we are." We park in front of a bunch of trees. I get out and follow her through them. We approach a building and enter. Woah.

     There are a few cobwebs but clean for the most part. I tear off my Converse and start chasing Trojan to the trampoline with the foam pit. I watch her bounce in as I run and jump onto her. We climb out and lay down laughing our heads off.

     Trojan takes out her phone and plugs it into some speakers that are surprisingly loud.

      "The Heart Wants What It Wants" by Selena Gomez plays as we do flips and spins in the air. We bounce for hours until we realize that we have to get lunch. Ugh. Food.

     We pull up to Nandos and walk inside. Trojan decides that it would be best if we didn't eat there for my comfort. We get our food and go to a vacant park. We sit down and I stare at my food.

     "Adrienne. Eat." Trojan says. Tears flood my vision as I bring the food to my lips. They fall as I chew slowly. After three bites, I break into sobs.

    "I'm done! I ate." I say, pushing my food away. Trojan looks at me with sad eyes. She shakes her head.

    "Four more bites, okay?" She says. I nod reluctantly.

    Do you really need that?
    You're fat enough already.
    Fatass.
    Well, what do you suggest?

    See that empty cup? She doesn't know it's empty. Pretend to take a drink and spit the food out.
    Good idea.
    I grab the cup and spit out the food. I repeat this until I'm "done" and we head home. Why do I feel guilty?