Welcome to Storybrooke

Each morning started the same and every night ended the same. It was like my life was on a loop that I couldn't escape. Yet I shouldn't complain. I have a good life. I have a secure job at the town's boutique that I have been working at for as long as I can remember. My social life is perfect; I have friends such as Ruby and Mary Margaret who put up with all of my shit no matter what I do or say. In other words, we would probably kill for one another ... I'm totally kidding. That would be extreme. Madam Mayor is another story though. I have a love-hate relationship with the mayor who, undeniably, is a force to be reckoned with. We push each other's buttons but know when to stop, most of the time.

I walked over to the full-length mirror outside the changing rooms and neatened up my outfit. I flattened my brown hair, unsuccessfully, and tugged my cardigan down a bit. In this small town I do stand out a-bit but not cause I'm pretty or talented or anything. It's cause I'm British, so my accent stands out compared to everyone else's American accents (unless you count Mr Gold the towns pawnshop owner, who has a Scottish accent and the Sheriff Graham, who has an Irish accent).

All of a sudden, I heard the bell to the entrance of my shop begin to obnoxiously ring.

"Hello?" A voice called round from the front of the shop.

I quickly ran round to the front of the shop. "Hi. Sorry, I was busy in the back. How can I help--" I stopped as soon as I saw who it was. "Mr Gold?" Speak of the devil. "I'm surprised to see you here. Never thought you'd dare to show your face here again. What was it you called my shop again? Oh yeah, a shit shack."

"Don't worry, dearie, you can always change that. Just put in a bit more attention to detail and I'm sure I will soon be able to say that it is bearable," Mr Gold responded with a sweet smirk, while looking at some of the clothes.

"What do you want?" I asked, as politely as I could manage, leaning against my counter.

"Oh, not much. Just wondering if you'd seen the boy."

"Who? Henry?"

"Yes, my dear."

"Well, I haven't and even if I had I wouldn't tell you. Now if that's all you wanted, either buy something or leave cause you're scaring away my customers." I noticed one of the miners poking his head out into the window just as Gold turned round.

"Ah, yes. So sorry for wasting your time, dearie," He said mockingly, as he began to walk to the door.

Once he left, Terry came in looking sheepishly at whatever he was holding.

"Hey, Terry. What can I do for you?" I asked, already knowing the answer as he'd already done this three times this month. It was only the 10th.

"Can you please sew my clothes back together?" He asked.

"Of course. Let me see what I can do," I said, taking the clothes from him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was starting to get late, so I decided to close up my shop. The rest of the day after Gold's unwanted visit, went pretty quick as I spent most of the time talking with Terry and sewing up his clothes that he'd managed to rip at work ... again.

As I locked the door, I saw a little yellow car drive past. That's strange we don't usually get visitors. Actually, come to think of it, I don't think we've ever had a visitor. At least not one that I knew of. No one usually has Storybrooke on their map of places to visit.

The car all of a sudden slammed its breaks on and the driver got out the car banging the door shut in frustration. From the other side of the car came a little boy carrying a large brown book.