Red-Handed

💛 Edited--03.07.2020 💛

After watching David get taken by Emma, I decided that that was probably a good time to call it a night. I said bye to a few people before walking back to my apartment; it was only a short distance from the town hall so only took me around 15 minutes.

Once I reached my home, I walked in and something immediately caught my attention:

On my table was a small gift wrapped in a blue box with a thin strip of gold ribbon. To be honest, the ribbon looked a bit like straw. Also, attached to it was a small tag saying: I believe.

Cautiously, I looked round my apartment to see if the person was still here.

No one.

There looked like there had been no struggle to get in, meaning they must have had a key. But that's the thing; I haven't given anyone my key. I am the only one.

I approached the box and gave it a small shake. A small shuffle was heard but nothing more.

Nervously, I untied the ribbon and took off the lid. In it was some gold tissue paper, which looked like it was concealing something. As I pulled away the tissue paper, I saw the glimmer of metal.

Slowly, I put my hand in the box and took out the necklace. It was a simple, yet beautiful necklace that looked like it had a history.

There was no note inside the box or any sort of clue that would lead me to who left it

There was no note inside the box or any sort of clue that would lead me to who left it. I walked over to my mirror and looked at myself.

Shaking from the cold, I raised my hands and clasped the necklace round my neck. Just like before, in Gold's cabin, my vision blurred and an image covered my eyes.

I looked round and saw that I was back in the same wooden house, only this time it was just the girl and her father. This time though, the girl (who I think was called Amie) looked older, maybe around 7.

"I got you a present, my dear," Her father said, handing her a small package wrapped up in brown cloth.

"You didn't have to, daddy," She said, hesitantly taking the gift. "I thought we didn't have much money."

"That is something that you don't need to worry about. You have been such a good girl that I decided you deserved a little gift," Her father explained, sitting her on his good leg.

"Are you sure? What will Mummy say?" She asked anxiously.

"Your Mummy will agree that you deserve it," Her Father said, stroking her hair.

"Ok," She smiled, and opened up the brown cloth. "Daddy, it's beautiful," She said, pulling out the same necklace as the one I was now wearing. "Wherever did you find such a beauty?" She asked.

"I saw a man on my way back home today, and when he showed me this, I couldn't help but to think of my daughter as it too was beautiful," He replied, helping her clasp it round her neck. "And I was right, two special gems like you were made for each other."