Snow Falls

💛 Edited--17.06.2020 💛

It was a bit later in the evening and Emma had left when I got a call from Ruby. She told me that Mary Margaret had a date with Doctor Whale. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. I always saw her with someone kinder and well...better.

So Ruby and I decided to do what any normal friend does.

Follow them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lucky for us, there was only one place where people would go for a first date; Granny's diner.

Ruby and I sat in the corner with wigs and cloaks. Ruby wore a red wig and a red cloak as her name is Ruby so we thought that it would fit.

And I wore blue as it's my favourite colour.

We pretended to have an intriguing conversation when we saw Mary Margaret become all awkward and just sit there drinking her tea.

"Um, where were we?" Whale asked. "Uh, something about you wanting 15 kids?"

Ruby and I just stared at each other.

"Oh, God," I muttered.

"Oh, Good lord, no. I meant in my class, where I teach. You'll meet them tomorrow. They're coming to the hospital as part of the volunteer outreach program." Mary Margaret saved herself.

"Oh, yeah, that is a great program," Whale said hesitantly.

"I mean, obviously I don't want 15 kids of my own. I-I mean, not that I don't want kids. I do. I want kids, marriage, true love. I want it all, but that, of course, is..." Mary Margaret trialed off when she saw Whale looking over at one of the waitresses as they leant over the table to clean.

What a creep!

"Wildly inappropriate for me to discuss on a first date," she muttered quietly.

"Hmm?" Whale asked.

"Ruby?" Mary Margaret said, looking over at us.

Damn it, she knew we were here.

"Yes, Mary Margaret?" Ruby said, going over.

"Check, please."

"I'm not working," Ruby said.

"Please," Mary Margaret repeated, looking crestfallen.

Ruby and I shared a glance so I joined them and grabbed Mary Margaret's arm.

"Come on let's go," I told her.

"What about the check?" Whale asked.

"Seeing as this whole date, you've been staring at that waitress, and not paying attention to Mary Margaret, I think you can pay," I told him harshly.

I gave Ruby a look as if to say 'I'll talk to you later'.

Mary Margaret and I walked down the street in silence as she just stared straight ahead before she all of a sudden stopped.

"Is everything alright?" I asked.

"Is that Emma?"

I looked ahead at the yellow car and indeed, sitting in the car reading a newspaper was Emma.
We began to walk over to her.

"Hey. You okay?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Oh, in the world of tight spots I've been in, crashing in my car doesn't even rank in the top ten." Emma said sarcastically.

"You're sleeping here?" I asked, looking at her back seat, noticing how little space there was.

"Till I find a place."