Heart of Darkness

💛 Edited--04.07.2020 💛

After I heard the news of Mary Margaret's arrest, I did the only thing I could think of; I went to see Gold, thinking that he would have some sort of answer.

I went straight into his shop, making the bells ring and grabbing his attention as he was already behind the counter.

"Tasha, what can I do for you?" Gold asked, putting down whatever he was holding.

"Mary Margaret. She can't have killed Kathryn, could she?" I asked.

"You know her better than I do, dearie," Gold replied.

"You're smart. Please, what can I do to help her?" I asked.

"At the minute, I'm afraid there isn't much that can be done for Ms Blanchard," Gold said.

"You must know something, anything that can help her defence," I said.

"I'm sorry but I don't. All that either of us can do to help is to have faith that all things will go according to plan," Gold told me.

"But who's plan? Because I seriously doubt this is anyone's plan who isn't downright evil," I muttered to myself.

"Tasha, my dear. You are one of the smartest people I know and one of the most stubborn. If you can't help Ms Blanchard then who can?" Gold said, as he polished one of his items.

"I think you overestimate my knowledge, Gold," I said, running a frustrated hand through my hair.

"No, I think you underestimate your knowledge," Gold corrected.

"Thank you for that insight, but I had better go. If there is any chance of getting Mary Margaret out, it isn't going to find me, I'll have to find it," I said, more to myself than Gold, before turning and leaving.

Just as I left Golds, I got a message from Emma, saying to go to the Sheriffs station. Obviously, I went straight away in hope that it was good news.

But as I got there, I saw Emma leading Mary Margaret to a room. As I went to announce myself, Emma shushed me and signalled for me to watch through the one way window.

On the other side of the interrogation table was Regina Mills. What was she doing here?

"Hello, Ms Blanchard," Regina said politely.

"What is she doing here?" Mary Margaret asked Emma nervously.

"She asked to be hear as a third party to make sure I stay impartial," Emma explained, as she shut the door while gesturing for me to press a button.

I pressed it and could now hear whatever they were saying. They all took their seats.

"I have nothing to hide," Mary Margaret announced. "Ask me anything."

Emma gave Mary Margaret a small smile then clicked her recorder and began the questioning.

"The heart was found buried near the old Toll Bridge. It had been cut out by what appears to be a hunting knife. Have you ever been to that bridge before?" Emma asked.

"Yes. Many times. It's where David and I liked to meet," Mary Margaret said.

Emma then got up and walked over to the cupboard in the corner.

"Mr Nolan," Emma commented.

"Yes," Mary Margaret confirmed.

"And you met there... for what purpose?" Emma asked.

Mary Margaret took a deep breath and admitted, "We were having an affair." I noticed Regina giving her a dirty look and so did Mary Margaret. "I'm not proud of what happened... and I'm sorry, but that doesn't change the fact that I did not kill Kathryn."