The One You Love the Most

The next morning I awoke to a strange sound. The ticking of a large clock. Looking around my room, it took me a moment to realise that it wasn't actually in my room but instead it was ... outside?

No! It couldn't be

No! It couldn't be. I made my way over to my window and looked out.

Holy shit! It was. The large clock tower in the middle of town was working and now read 7:38. For many other towns with a clock tower, this would be considered a normal thing but in Storybrooke it wasn't. For as long as I'd been here, the clock had never worked. This was strange.

Strange start to the morning aside, I left my room and got ready for the day ahead. I chose an outfit, styled my hair and did my makeup. I got the feeling that today was going to be a good day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was wrong. Today so far has been a horrible day. As I was making my breakfast, I spilt coffee all over my new table, I burnt my toast and realised I was all out of jam.

Then as I left my apartment, I realised I'd left my purse at home so had to go and find it only to then notice the complete and utter mess my room was in.

Now we're back to reality and honestly at least it couldn't get any worse. The universe had really humbled me today.

"Hello, dearie," a voice said from beside me. You have got to be kidding me!

"Gold. To what do I owe this delightful pleasure," I asked sarcastically.

"I just wanted to have a little chat with you, that's all," he said, looking at me.

"About what?" I asked curiously, slowing my pace so he could keep up.

"I'm guessing you noticed the clock's moving again?" He asked, limping along beside me.

"Of course. It's pretty hard not to notice something like that," I responded.

"Things are changing around here, Miss Stevens. For better or worse, I can not tell. However, one thing is absolutely certain," he said mysteriously.

"Oh, yeah? What's that, wise guy?" I asked, eyebrows raised, and trying to control my rising need to laugh.

"It is absolutely certain that people's relationships in this town are going to change," Gold predicted like some kind of fortuneteller.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, glancing back at him.

"All will be revealed soon, dearie. You'll see," he said before walking, well more like limping off.

Gold left me stood there stunned for several seconds before my confusion dimmed.

"Hey Tasha!"

I spun around cluelessly to see a small brunette running up to me.

"Hey, Henry. Shouldn't you be in school?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes. But this is more important. I need you to make a deal with someone."