The Shepard

💛 Edited--30.06.2020 💛

It was the next evening and we'd all been invited to a 'Welcome Home David!' party and I, of course, thought I should go. So I joined Henry and Emma at the Nolan's house.

"You know why he doesn't remember?" Henry asked Emma and I. "The curse isn't working on him yet."

"Henry..." Emma began. "David has amnesia."

"Which is preventing the curse from replacing his fairytale story with fake memories."

"Right, because everyone here has fake stories that prevent them from remembering who they really are."

"Right, and now is our chance to help him." Henry said. This whole time I just sat silently, unsure of what to say. "We just have to get him to remember that he's --"

"He's Prince Charming."

"We just have to jog his memory by getting him and Ms Blanchard together."

"Didn't we just try that?" I asked.

"And it woke him up," Henry said smirking.

"Hey," a voice said, coming over to us. "You're the ones who saved me, right?"

David.

"Oh. Yeah, I guess," Emma said, getting up.

"And-uh-you're also the only ones I know here," David said sheepishly.

"You can hide with us," I joked.

"Fantastic," David said smiling. A waiter guy then came to hand out some carrot sticks?

"Thank you," David said taking one. By taking one I mean taking a cocktail stick and stabbing the carrot with it.

"So... have you ever tried using a sword?" Henry asked, making us all laugh.

"I'm sorry?" David asked a little confused. He looked at Emma who shrugged then turned to me. "Tasha, you're friends with Mary Margaret, right? You know if she's coming tonight?"

I knew for a fact that she wasn't busy but she didn't want to come as she felt so guilty about her feelings for David.

"She couldn't make it," I lied quickly but believably.

"Oh," David said, looking down and disappointed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on, Emma, Henry and I were in the living room having a conversation with Dr. Whale. But I wasn't participating in said conversation and just spent my time glaring at him and making him as uncomfortable as possible.

After about 10 minutes of this, Kathryn can over asking for David's location.

"Um... he..." Emma began looking at Dr. Whale to see if he knew where he was.

"No," Whale said simply.

Emma turned to me and I just shrugged my shoulders.

Kathryn looked around crestfallen and began to walk away.

"Where'd he go?" Emma asked.

"To find his true love," Henry said smirking at us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emma and I dropped Henry back off at Regina's then headed over to Mary Margaret's.

As we walked in she didn't even notice us as she was so focused on cleaning a single plate. We stood there for a few seconds but she still showed us no attention and carried on with her scrubbing.