A Land Without Magic

💛 Edited--05.07.2020 💛

After I had taken Henry to the hospital with Emma, I returned to my Father's shop and informed him of what happened. Nervously, I paced around the shop, waiting for news about Henry.

"Dearie, sit down, please," My Father requested, after a few minutes.

"How can I, when I know exactly what is happening to him?" I asked.

"He will be fine, I'm sure Ms Swan will come and tell you when Henry is awake," Papa said.

I looked over at him for a minute, before I perched myself on the counter. I sat there and began biting my nails, a habit that in my few hundred years I had picked up.

"Tasha," Papa began.

"I know, but you can't blame me for worrying," I interrupted.

Hours had passed and I still hadn't heard from Emma about Henry. I was still sat on the counter no matter how much Gold tried to persuade me that everything would be fine.

The sun had now set and darkness and taken over Storybrooke and swallowed it into the unknown. At around 7 that night, the door to the shop finally opened revealing Emma and Regina.

"Do my eyes deceive me, or is that the look of a believer?" Papa asked Emma, causing me to look up at her in shock.

"We need your help," Emma replied.

"Indeed you do. It seems quite the tragic ailment has befallen our young friend. My darling daughter hasn't stopped worrying about him," Father said, gesturing to me.

"Is he alright?" I asked.

Emma looked down at the ground and didn't reply.

"I warned you Regina, magic comes with a price," I reminded her angrily. If she had listened to me then we wouldn't be in this situation.

"Henry shouldn't have to pay it," Regina said.

"No, you're right. You should," I began.

"But alas, we are where we are," Papa finished.

"Can either of you help us?" Emma asked.

"Of course," Papa said. "True love, Ms Swan--the only magic powerful enough to transcend realms and break any curse. Luckily for you, I happen to have bottled some."

"You did?" Regina asked shocked.

"Oh, yes. From strands of your parent's hair, I made the most powerful potion in all the realm, so powerful that when I created the Dark Curse, I placed a single drop on the parchment. Just a little safety valve," Papa smirked at Regina, clearly pleased that he had once again outsmarted her.

"That's why I'm the saviour. That's why I can break the curse," Emma figured.

"Now you're getting it," I smiled.

"I don't care about breaking the curse. All I care about is saving Henry," Emma said.

"Which is why it's your lucky day. I didn't use all the potion. I saved some for a rainy day," Gold informed her.

"Well, it's storming like a bitch. Where is it?" Emma asked.

"Where it is isn't the problem. Getting it is what should worry you," I said.

"Enough riddles. What do we do?" Regina asked.

"You do nothing. It has to be Emma," I countered.

"He is my son. It should be me," Regina reasoned.

"All due respect, your majesty, but it's her son, and it has to be her," I replied mockingly. "She's the product of the magic. She must be the one to find it."