23

I woke up to chirping birds and leaves whistling in the wind. My sheets are partly covering my body, hence I'm burning with shivers. Someone, or something, opened my window; wide. I never open that specific window because If I do, it'd be an easy target for all the silent thieves and pickpockets lurking around at night.

I sit up in my bed, like those zombies do who rise from their graves. By slipping on my fluffy slippers and throwing on my silky baby blue robe, I shut the window since I don't want any unwanted visitors. The kettle is rapidly boiling as I walk into the kitchen, not wanting an unnecessary fire, I reach for the plug to switch it off, but ... "Ouch you moherfucker!" It zapped me! Being together with this kettle for nearly a few months, it betrays me like this? Piece of shit!

At Least it's off now and not boiling till the point it'll explode. My mouth is watering for some juice, any juice present in my fridge for that matter. Oh my fridge, oh my lifesaver. My eyes peer inside the fridge as I swing the door open and spot some Guava Juice hiding behind a carton of milk; well, a carton of rotten milk. The stench has possessed the whole fridge!

My nose cringes in disgust as I reach for the bottle of Guava Juice and grab it from the fridge, quickly slamming it shut not wanting that hideous stench also taking possession of the kitchen. Looks like I'm having Guava Juice for breakfast.

Ah, maybe they'll have something for me at the institution! Yes, hopefully they made those muffins I engulge myself into. My Guava Juice is finished in just one sip, strangely odd. It was a full bottle! I swear I'm never buying at that store, ever again.

My hand opens the dustbin's cover and I viciously throw the Guava Juice Bottle into it, closing the cover after I'm done. I plug my iPod into the stereo I bought a couple months ago and music starts drifting around in the apartment. On my way skipping to my room on the beat of a song that is currently playing, someone knocks on the door.

Really?

Now?

I was just getting into a delightful mood and someone had to interrupt me. I continue skipping, just in the direction of the door and smile when I open it. Turns out, it's a woman who looks around my age, wearing a old, worn-out lilac dress and matching pumps. She looks rather pale, too pale. Her platinum blonde hair isn't properly brushed from what I can see and her eyes are an icy-white color.

"Good morning Ma'am, I was just wondering if you'd fancy a well-prepared breakfast from the diner down the street, The Grove, since you only had a sip if Guava Juice so far?" She asks, I notice her beautiful pearly white teeth, I'd kill for teeth like those. She's smiling somewhat so brightly it almost blinds me. I don't see how someone can be so alive at this time of the day.

It's so early.

I swear it's too early.

Wait, how does she know that I only had a sip of Guava Juice?

"How do you know I had a sip of juice; Guava Juice specifically?" I ask, hoping I didn't sound too straightforward.

"Uhm , I'm sorry, you told me?" She says, confusingly dipping her head to the side, revealing a nasty scar planted on her neck that was previously covered by her flowing blonde hair.

It catches me eye and I look at it with questions lingering on the tip of my tongue. It looks, surprisingly, new and fresh.

"Ma'am?"

I suddenly remember I'm supposed to be talking to her, not staring at a scar which she probably doesn't want to talk about since she soon covers it with a patch of hair.