24

The blood seemed as if it were seeping through his eyes as he started venturing closer and closer and closer ... until he was too close for comfort.

"Brendan." I state, squeezing my eyes afraid of his reaction. I don't want him near me, not this near to me. The thought that he brutally killed a nurse is a thought on a whole other level. That must explain the bruise that was on her neck, that must be where he killed her.

"Am I a little bit too close?" He pouts his lips and his pupils dilate till they can't dilate any further. I deeply breathe in, breathe out, trying to keep my composure. I can't break down, not now, not in front of him.

"You have to go back to your cell, now -"

"Or what?"

"Or else"

"Or else what?"

God why does he have to be like this? If he doesn't I will call for security, for the police force, for the navy, for everything. I gulp and straighten up my posture, backing away from the wall where he had cornered me a little few minutes ago.

"Go to your cell Brendan, now" I pull my face straight and position my lips in a thin line. I dull my facial expression and lower my voice.

"Brendan now or else I will be forced to -"

"Fine fine I'm going" he waves his hands in the air of defeat and wanders down the hall, back to his cell.

Does he know the way back to his cell all on his own?

"Yes a matter of fact I do!" His voice yells from around the corner and I shiver up just the thought of him knowing what I thought. How does he know? I'm starting to think he needs a better nurse than me.

"If anyone else replaces you, remember poor old Mortecia." He peers his head from the wall down the corridor in attempt to scare me even more. I just nod and point in the direction of his cell. All he does, literally at one of my orders, as his caretaker, is roll his eyes and mouthing some words. Bastard.

~*~

It's Lunch and a session with Brendan had just been completed. He didnt know, but I had security waiting outside my office just in case he tried something. When he left for his cell, not even greeting nothing , he gaped at me in disbelief as the security guards cuffed his hands and led him to his cell. I wonder if I'll be able to sleep tonight, let alone be anything without being safe from him. Even though he is locked up and secured three floors below the Earth's crust, you still cannot underestimate his ways.

"Goodbye Kirah, see you later!" A nurse exclaimed from the kitchen. Why would anybody be greeting me? And, by my name? I stop in my tracks and walk back to the kitchen which I just passed a moment ago and I peer my head inside. I thought someone was in here? There's no other way to get out of this kitchen than to leave through the door I am standing at right now. Wait, Kirah, you must be tired, that's all. You're just hallucinating, nothing else.

Yes, that's right, I'm just tired. I'm ju- I-I'm just a li-little bit tired, tha-that's all...

I feel lightheaded and feel like there's something missing from my body. All else fades and I see the nurse who greeted me in the doorway of the institution. She has blood smeered all over her dress and she is immensely pale for her skin. She's standing there, eyes wide with shock and she's holding her heart in her grasp.

Her heart.

Brendan took her heart, he stole it from her chest. I see now the bruise leads further down to her chest, as revealed by the torn fabric.

She let's go of the item in her grasp and it shatters onto the ground into a million tiny pieces. She slides her hands to her chest and rips open the already stretched fabric, revealing the wound.

The wound that is a stabbed wound, that is a cut wound, that is a ripped open bruise. Blood is leaking from her and she disappears.

"Goodbye Kirah, see you later" she whispered as I gaped appearance and blinked frantically before I opened my eyes and she's vanished.

How will I get that image out of my head, ever?

I close my eyes and place my hand over my chest, feeling if my heart is still beating if it was possibly removed by Brendan in some way. I hurry out the institution in attempt to get as far away as possible. I stampede over the road as a loud hoot comes my way. I stop in my tracks and see a bug truck speeding towards me, unable to stop. I stare in disbelief, that truck is not real, it's not speeding towards me.

A force pushes me out of the way and falls along with me onto the grass beside the road.

"What were you thinking lady?" This man asks, probably wondering why he almost sacrificed his life for a stranger he barely even knew. I take this time to inspect this man.

Tanned skin.

Brown eyes.

Dark brown hair.

Fully shaped lips.

Muscles rippling along his arms.

Oh God help me.

"Miss?" He practically yells, shaking me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Oh yeah that- uh-" I stumble to my feet, mumbling as I got up.

He stares with a stupid smirk on his face, "I saved your life" he motions to the road. 'You owe me, your name?"

"Kirah. And yours?"

"Blake. You owe me since I saved your life" he repeats, again. Like I didn't hear you the first time.

"Waht do you want?" I cross my arms across my face, sternly looking into his eyes.

"A dinner if I must" he says, a bit too cocky for my liking.

"Hah? Excuse me -"

"Ah aha ah, you owe me. The least you can do is offer me some company, considering what I did for you" he replies much too innocently.

"Fine"

He points to the diner down the street and so we proceed to walk.

All the way I'm walking, I feel a presence other than his.

A presence digging a knife into my back.

A presence breathing down my neck.

A presence that I am afraid of.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

Please don't be a ghost reader, show me some support!
By ....
Voting!
Commenting!
Following!
Sorry if this was somewhat short but I didn't want to put anything els in there besides that so ... I hope you liked it and please let me know if you did or didn't so I can improve!