Chapter 20

McKay's POV

When White Chicks was over, me and Lexi went into the kitchen to talk more. I sat at the island and she sat on the counter. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. Throughout the movie I could hear her muffled sobs. It killed me to see her like this and to be honest, I had no clue what to do.

"I'm really sorry Lex." I told her.

She looked up and gave me a fake smile. "It's okay. " she whispered while looking down again. "No, it's not. He led you on and broke you. I also know that you're not okay." I said.

She started sobbing again. I went to go hug her when my phone started going off. I looked at the caller ID, it's Cam. "It's Cam. I told him we'd hang out today." I looked back to Lexi. She just started crying more. "You can go. Everyone always does." She told me.

"Hey, if you need me, you know I'm here. Right here for you, I always have been and I always will be." I told her.

She shook her head up and down and I pulled her into a hug. She hugged tightly back. My phone went off again and I pulled away.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey, where you been?" Cam asked.

"I'm at Lexi's, but I'm leaving right now" I replied.

"Okay I'm at your house. I'll see you in a few. Love you." He told me. His voice sounded worried. 

"Love you too." And with that, I hung up.

I walked out the door and made sure to lock it back up. While walking down the steps, I noticed a note on my car. I grabbed it and read what it said.

McKay,
We need to talk.

It's important.

Gavin 801-567-8320

Wait? Gavin?! Okay, so Gavin is Lexi's older brother who pretty much told Lexi to die and then just left. Just like that, packed all his stuff, and drove away. No one has seen him for a couple years now.

I got into my car, put the key into the ignition and backed out of the drive way.

When I got home, I saw Cam's truck. I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. I pulled in and got out of the car. He got out of his truck and I practically ran to him. I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Hey baby." He whispered into my ear.

"Hey" I whispered back. "Let's go inside." I told him. He just shook his head as if saying "Okay" and followed me. I held onto his hand tightly, not wanting to let go. As I got to the door, I had to let go of his hand so I could unlock the door. I got the right key and put in through the keyhole. I pushed my door open and we both walked to the kitchen.

"Do you want a drink babe?" I asked him while turning around.

"Nah... I'm good." He said while sitting at the kitchen table. I shook my head up and down slowly and turned on my heel. I walked to the cupboard and got me a cup. I filled it up with ice then water. After that i walked over to Cam and sat down.

There was a long silence before I spoke up. "So, what"s up?" I asked him.

He looked down at his hands and then back up at me, a single tear rolling down his cheek. "Don"t tell me you have a girlfriend back home too." I told him. He looked at me with a puzzled look on his face. "What are you talking about?" He choked out.

"I'll tell you later. What is going on? Why are you crying?" I asked him.

"Baby, I- I'm l-l-leaving tomorrow." He stuttered. My heart sank. I didn"t even think about that. He lives in LA with Nash. We clearly are not in LA. No No No. I felt like my world was falling apart. Now it was my turn to cry.

"I-I-I don"t even know what to say." I was at a loss for words.

"We are still going to be together. I promise. This relationship will be forever. I love you and nothing will change that McKay." He told me.

"Cam, how are we going to make this work? I know how long distance things work. The outcome is never good." by now, I was full on bawling. I stopped trying to hold myself together.

"No. It will work. We can't think like that baby." He told me.

"Okay." I whispered.