Twenty-three

As excited as Sean had been to choreograph for a music video, his excitement quickly turned into apprehension as soon as he heard the lyrics to After You. Though he and Kaycee had done intimate pieces together before, things felt different now.

Kaycee and Jack had broken up only a week ago and now Sean could barely focus when she was in the room, her presence turned his mind to mud. If he thought the tunnel vision and the butterflies were bad enough before, he was nearly on the ground in a coma now.

It also didn't help that Kaycee insisted that they practice everyday. This would be the seventh day in a row that they've seen each other, and Sean didn't know if he'd even be able to choreograph at this point. It's almost as if she wanted to torture him.

Sean was sitting with his back against the mirror when he saw the door leading to the house open, a short brunette girl slipping through the entrance.

"You're here already?" Sean asked lazily, not moving from his spot on the floor.

Kaycee snickered, setting her bag and phone down on the floor. "Don't act so excited to see me."

She crossed over to where he was sitting, sliding herself down the mirror to sit beside him.

Neither spoke for awhile, both trying to calm their racing hearts and erratic breathing.

Kaycee finally broke the silence, "So what do we have left?"

"The two parts we thought would be the easiest." Sean chuckled, shaking his head. "The beginning table scene and the couch scene."

Kaycee exhaled dramatically. "The ones we've been stuck on since yesterday. Almost forgot."

He nodded. "In all fairness, we have the first fifteen seconds of the table scene done."

"But we shoot this in two days, Sean." Kaycee quipped. "We need to figure it out, preferably now."

"Then let's get going." Sean replied, slapping his hands on his knees and pushing himself up to a standing position. He reached his hand out for Kaycee, which she eagerly took, and lifted her up so she was standing as well. "We have another 45 seconds left to choreograph."

Kaycee followed Sean over to the table that sat in the corner of the garage, seating herself in the chair across from him. "Should we start from the beginning and then go from there?"

Sean shrugged, reaching over to his laptop and selecting After You. "That's probably all we can do."

Sean pressed play and the two ran over the same fifteen seconds of the piece over and over again, adding new choreography and then removing it nearly seconds later. Nothing they were coming up with was working, and they both were growing frustrated with every minute that passed.

"This is going nowhere." Kaycee griped, using Sean's hand that she held in her own to pull herself onto the table, resting her head on her arm.

Sean instantly had an idea. "Actually," he said, removing his hand from Kaycee's, "I have an idea. Go back to where you were sitting, I want to try something."

Kaycee knitted her brows together, but obliged, sliding back into her seat. "You look like you just had some great moment of insight or something."

"I did." Sean answered matter-of-factly. "So when I reach forward and take your hand, I'm going to pull you forward-"

"Kind of like I just did."

"Exactly." Sean slid his hand forward and connected his own with Kaycee's, pulling her onto the table. "Then grab my free hand with yours, and I'm going to spin you around so you're facing me again."