Epilogue

Kaycee would never tell Sean, but the restaurant he chose to go to for their six month anniversary was the same restaurant that Jack took her to for their six month anniversary. Oh how times have changed.

But this time, there were no intense feelings of awkwardness, there was no fumbling over words, there were just two people conversing casually over dinner. It was peaceful, filled with moments of tranquility that were all too common when the two were together.

Shortly after the first "I love you's," the three black letters on each of their wrists disappeared, to never be seen again. Something greater bonded them now, though. They were no longer bonded by writing on their skin, but they were bonded by mutual trust, adoration, and love. Something that Kaycee knew she'd never find with anyone else.

She knew she was lucky. No one needed to tell her that. The universe had gifted her with someone who matched her personality in the perfect ways, but also differed from her just enough. They fit together like puzzle pieces, perfectly aligned, and filling the empty spaces of one another.

Kaycee had also learned a lot within the last year; she'd learned a lot from her friends, from past experiences with Jack, and of course, she'd learned a lot from Sean and from being with Sean. She'd learned that every person truly does have a predetermined path from the universe, and no matter what trivial and deterring events that occur, you're always destined to find your way back to your life path.

She'd learned that by actively looking for your soulmate, you're likely to ignore the important signs. Her relationship with Jack showed her exactly what a soulmate isn't, but for nearly a year, she'd tried to force some connection that wasn't there.

Jack was lucky, too. He'd found someone new, someone who was compatible for him in ways that Kaycee never could've been. Kaycee wished him nothing but happiness. After all, he'd been the path that paved her way to Sean.

And most importantly, Kaycee had learned the meaning behind a soulmate. She'd heard so many stories from so many people, all of those stories being so, so different. But that's the thing, everyone's story is unique in its own way. No one is going to have the same experience, everyone is different. By comparing oneself to another relationship, you'll rarely find true happiness because you're actively looking to recreate someone else's life.

But, a soulmate should have some underlying qualities for everybody. A soulmate calms you, they understand you, and they care for you more than anyone else, whether you can see it or not. They're your missing piece, they're one of the most important aspects of your life, even before you've met them. There is a connection that pulls you towards one another, and the connection continues to grow each and every day.

Kaycee had realized that during her relationship with Sean. She remembers back to last year at this time, her connection with Sean was so strong that it almost scared her. He complimented her in every aspect of the word, and at that time, she thought they were at their peak.

But with each day, she felt them growing stronger as two people, they were growing together, not separately. She was grateful for that, and grateful for Sean in general.

She hadn't realized how quiet she'd been; silently admiring Sean from across the table until she felt a foot connect with her shin, looking up to meet Sean's perplexed face.

"Why are you staring at me?" Sean asked, shoveling another bite into his mouth and tilting his head to one side.

Kaycee smiled. "You're nice to look at."

Sean shook his head, clearly caught off-guard by one of Kaycee's rare affectionate comments. "You're not so bad yourself."

"Original. Thanks." She teased, rolling her eyes in mock annoyance.

What Kaycee had with Sean wasn't overly affectionate, it was comfortable. And for two people who weren't always in tune with their feelings and emotions, comfortable was perfect, and Kaycee couldn't ask for more.

So she sat back in her chair, letting the conversation flow easily as they finished their meal, feeling more grateful for everything in her life that led her to this moment. Everything in her life that led her to Sean.

___________________________________

Author's Note: So, that's the end. I made it short and sweet, kind of like the Prologue because I feel like that's what a wrap-up should be hehe :). The amount of support, praise, and love I have received throughout this journey is mindblowing. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, or leave comments/concerns and I'll respond to all of them. They don't even have to be about the book :). I'm planning on writing one-shots in the future, solely because I'm in college and writing a full story and posting on a consistent schedule has proven to be very difficult. But, leave me some ideas for plots and such and I'll try to incorporate some into one-shots, short stories, and maybe another book eventually!!

I also want to leave you guys with this; I haven't ever really done any creative writing. I write research papers all of the time for my major, but NEVER anything creative. I'm sure I wrote little stories here and there when I was a kid, but I've never just decided to sit down and write a full (semi well-written) story for the hell of it. In fact, I haven't taken an English or writing class since AP Lit last year, and my AP Lit teacher tore me down continuously for my writing and writing style, so I wasn't what you'd call "confident" in my writing.
When I first decided to write this story, it was because I was bored out of my mind on bedrest for a concussion (fun fact lol). But as I continued writing, posting, and getting feedback from all of you, I can honestly say that writing this story turned into a stress-reliever. Being a full-time student and athlete at my university, I'm constantly under pressure and stress, but I had so much fun just sitting down when I found time and writing for you guys. So, with that being said, thank you. There have been dozens of you who have thanked me for writing this story, but I continued to write because of you all. I can honestly say that I'm more confident in my writing, and more motivated in general. So again, thank you all so, so much. I owe everything to you <3.