Chapter 11- A Lost Loved One

You guys are gonna hate for what happens in this chapter but... just know it wasn't any easier for me either... I hope you enjoy anyway! :D 

(America's POV)

My room was filling with smoke?! I got out of bed and ran out of my room and to Canada's room. He was gone, I looked out his window and saw him, mom and dad standing outside.

"America!" Someone called from behind me. I whirled around and saw Australia standing at the top of the stairs. "Come on mate we've got to get out of here!" We ran down the stairs and I saw that the living room was up in flames! But the way to the front door was clear. We met mom, dad, and Maple outside.

"We're here!" I said panting. Mom and dad looked thankful but Canada paid us no mind and glanced around.

"Where's New Zealand?"

"I thought she was outside with you!" I said in a panic. A blood curtailing scream filled our ears as I glanced back towards the burning house. Kiwi was still in her room upstairs!

"New Zealand!" Aussie yelled racing back into the house. It was covered in flames, parts of the house were already collapsing. Australia was in New Zealand's room trying to get her out but I could see through the window that fallen debris had blocked off the door. Me and Canada ran to the window,

"Jump we'll catch you!" Maple called to them. Aussie and Kiwi both looked hesitant. "Hurry the ceiling is collapsing!" Australia picked up New Zealand and dropped her out the window into Canada's open arms.

"Now Australia come on!" I called to him. Just as he was about to jump, a piece of burning wood fell right in front of him, with it came the rest of the roof... Crushing my brother! "AUSSIE!!!" I screamed running to the door, someone pulled me back. I whirled around and saw dad holding me back. "LET ME GO I HAVE TO GO GET HIM!!!" I lashed my arms out trying to get dad off of me.

"America no! You can't save him!" Dad had tears rolling down his cheeks. I turned back to the house just as the whole thing fell in.

"AUSTRALIA!!!" There was a river of tears going down my face at this point. I buried my face in dad's chest as mom, Maple, and Kiwi gathered around us. I could hear mom saying something but it was muffled by the thoughts that flooded my mind. I-I can't believe he's gone... earlier that same day he was in my room, comforting me... It was at least three in the morning but for some reason, my phone rang. It was Russia, even though this wasn't the best time I picked up anyway...

"H-Hello?" I didn't try to hide the fact that I was upset.

"America? Is there something wrong? You sound different..."

"I... I... just... can you get over here... please..." It was no secret now that something was wrong.

"Is everything alright?" Russia truly sounded concerned now.

"Just... I'll explain when you get here..." I hung up before the Russian could say anything else. There was no point in calling the fire department now... the flames have already started to put themselves out. Within five minutes Russia arrived and the look on his face was pure horror...

"Wh-What happened?!"

"The gas was on in the kitchen and the house caught fire..." Canada answered, it was obvious he was trying to hide is tears. Without thinking I ran to Rus, hugging him and burying my face in his chest.

"А-Амеркиа!?" Russia glanced up to see if dad was looking and he was, but I didn't care... I was too distraught...

"H-He's gone..." I murmured.

"Who? America what are you talking about!?" I paused... I didn't want to repeat it again... but... hopefully, this will be the last time.

"Au-" I couldn't bring myself to say it...

"что это?!" (What is it?!) Russia seemed desperate for an answer.

"AUSTRALIA, HE'S GONE!!!" I finally burst out continuing to cry my eyes out.

"W-What!? How!? What do you mean 'gone'?! Where is he!?"

"He's dead Russia! He was crushed trying to save Kiwi!" I clenched the Russian's shirt harder trying to keep myself from completely breaking down... Rus wrapped his arms around me, but it didn't help much. I looked over at dad, he was paying us no mind, he was too busy crying himself. I've never seen him cry before, at least not like this... I remember he shed a tear when New Zealand was born but now there was a stream of tears flowing down his cheeks. Mom, Canada, and Kiwi were all crying as well... I'm sure at his point no one cared about the house, dad could easily buy a new one, we've only lived in that house for about a year anyway. It was Australia that we were mourning. I mean... how could we not? He was the youngest boy in the house... He was always so joyful, so kind. He loved almost everyone, no matter who you were and what you were like... I will never get over his death... never...

(Time skip)

I sat back down at the funeral, I had just given a short speech about my brother relationship with Aussie. I sat down after I started to tear up again... It had been five days since the burning of the house and Australia... His body was found but it was burned so badly that he was nearly a skeleton. That's what the fire department told us when they found his body after putting out the last of the flames. We had already bought a new house, we are a rather rich family so I was simple. But no amount of money could buy back my fallen brother... Dad was speaking now but his voice was muffled by all the grief I felt... Russia was beside me, dad knew I would need as much support as I could get, me and dad took Aussie's death the hardest... His two best friends Netherlands and Jamaica were there, neither of them said a word. They both looked depressed, to say the least... A strange choice in friends in my opinion but they treated each other well. I was snapped from my thoughts when Russia put his arm around me, giving me a sense of relaxation. I'm surprised dad hasn't figured us out yet, neither had mom... I think it's because they've had so much on there mind... Canada was with Ukraine of course, they were also dating but I don't think Ukraine knew about me and Rus.

"С тобой все в порядке?" (Are you okay?) Once again I was snapped from my thoughts at the Russian's voice.

"U-Uh... yeah... I-I guess..." I stuttered, I almost didn't realize he was talking to me... Rus placed his hand on top of mine, but I was too upset to blush.

"все будет хорошо, Америка..." (Everything will be alright America...) He whispered. It was clear when he was being serious when Russia spoke in his own language. Even though his words comforted me, I knew it wasn't going to be alright... After he had finished dad sat on the other side of me, he looked dead...

"Son... I-I've been thinking... you can go back to school, you'll need all your friends to help you through this..."

"R-Really?" I perked up slightly. Even though Russia was my only friend it would be nice to go back to school again! Dad nodded and glanced back to the front of the room. Rus nudged me with his elbow,

"At least we'll be together again..." He put on a slight smile but it soon faded. I knew that Russia couldn't bear seeing me this upset and I'm sure he was thinking about if something happened to one of his siblings...