Chapter 31- A Potential Suspect?

(Poland's POV)

It's been about a week since I was informed that Germany was killed... I... Haven't been the same since... Our relationship was never official but I knew we both loved each other. Czech Republic has been with me for a while... he's the only other person that can make me happy or at least comfort me. He's supposed to come over today. Thank goodness, I've been a wreck for two days. Just then I heard a knocking on my door, I got up from where I sat on the couch and went to the door. I opened the door and Czech was standing on the other side, a warm smile on his face.

"Ahoj Polsko... (Hey Poland) How are you doing-" I practically threw myself onto him. Czech stepped back trying not to fall over. "Woah. Are you okay?"

"N-No... I... I miss him Czech..." I looked up at him and even I could feel his heart drop at the sight of my state.

"So do I... He was my friend too... And I knew how much he meant to you..." I let go at the sound of my phone ringing. I went back into the house and picked it up, it was a number I didn't recognize but I picked up anyway, it could have been someone important.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello? Poland?"

"Yes... who is this?" They had a thick Russian accent but it couldn't be Russia calling me...

"Hey it's Russia. Listen if you're with him, bring Czech Republic and come to the McDonalds on Loockerman Street there's something that I really need to talk to you about. You see, I'm trying to figure out who killed Germany and I think I have an idea on who did it." He explained. I froze for a moment... this was so random from Russia, since when did he care? And I how do I know it's not another trick like what happened in the alleyway with America? But I wanted to know... who killed Germany... "Ты еще там?" (You still there?) Russia snapped me from my thoughts.

"Uh, yes I..." I looked over at Czech Republic who simply shrugged in response. "We're on our way." I hung up and walked out the door.

"Are you seriously going? You know what happened with America..." Czech said from behind me. "This might just be another trap and Russia is involved this time. And believe me, you do not want to get in a fight with Russia." I thought for a moment... He's right... this could be another trap... for all we know Russia and America could have killed Germany themselves. But I immediately shook the thought away, we're in a public place, we won't be harmed there.

"You don't have to come if you don't want to but I have to know..." I growled practically jogging away.

"Wait! I'm coming!" Czech Republic ran up beside me.

I snickered, "I thought 'it was a trap'"

"He wanted us both to come didn't he?" I rolled my eyes at him. I'm glad he's coming though, maybe we can both figure this whole thing out.

(TIME SKIP Czech's POV)

Even though Poland had tried to persuade me that everything would be fine, I didn't quite believe her. America had used me to hurt Poland and Germany so I don't trust him anymore, not quite sure if I ever did. We made it to McDonald's and America and Russia were standing outside, clearly arguing about something, in fact they were so loud we could already hear them.

"Why can't we just go in already!?" America growled.

"I told you we're waiting for some people to get here..." Russia responded looking at him annoyed. He then briefly glanced over in our direction, "They're in fact..." America turned to look and his face contorted into something I believed to be anger.

"What are they doing here!?" He snarled turning back to Russia.

"They were close to Germany as well, I figured they'd want to know. And I don't know why you're upset since you were the one who beat up Poland and Germany in an alleyway..." America opened his mouth to argue but so realized that Russia was right so he shut it. "Anyway, Czech, Poland. How have you been doing?"

"Not too well... ever since we learned about Germany..." I sighed. "We've been-"

"Who killed him?!" Poland interrupted, nearly pushing me to the side. I managed to catch myself and gave her an annoyed glare, but she just ignored me.

"That's what we're here to talk to you about," Russia stated tilting his head to the side, indicating for us to follow him inside. We ordered our food and sat down, there was a long moment of silence before Russia finally spoke. "I'm sorry I had to call you both here on such short notice, but there is really something that we need to talk to you about."

"We?" America growled, "We had nothing to do with this, it was all him! I know nothing because he won't tell me!" Clearly America was still salty that we were here but I agree with Russia, he hurt us so why is he mad?

Russia shot him a very frustrated glare, "I hate you yell at you again..." He murmured, "But... COULD YOU JUST SHUT UP FOR 10 SECONDS!? THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU FOR ONCE! SO JUST SHUT YOUR MOUTH AND LISTEN!" America seemed taken aback. Me and Poland tried not to chuckle. Russia sighed and continued, "Anyway... I think I have an idea of who killed Germany. You see, we went back into the woods where Germany's body was found and after a bit of looking around the area we stumbled across a cigarette butt that smelled of marijuana." He paused for a moment but Poland spoke up before he would continue.

"But the only people we know who smoke marijuana most of the time are Jamaica and Netherlands... but they wouldn't do something like this! Not in a million years!" She retorted.

"Think about it though. Germany killed Australia and Australia was their best friend. They even cried at his funeral, which is surprising for both of them. They might have killed Germany in revenge." Russia explained. Even though he made a very fair statement, how could we be sure? There are many people who smoke marijuana, how can we be sure it was those two countries? And even if they wanted revenge on Germany, would they really go this far?

"I... Don't know Russia... would they really do this? And even if they did that's all the evidence we have. And I know you're thinking of going to the police and asking them to do a DNA test on the cigarette butt. We don't have enough evidence for that either, heck, they could just approach some innocent people and ask them questions they know nothing about." I told him. Russia looked as if he was about to protest but didn't. Even he knew that I had a point.

"I know it's them! It's just..."

"Przykro nam Rosja... (we're sorry Russia...) But we don't want to be dragged into a blind hunt with no results or worse, accusing innocent people of something they know nothing about." Poland sighed. Russia looked as if he had heard these words before and said nothing more. And with that, me and Poland got up and left... we may never truly know who killed Germany, it might just be an unsolved mystery... 

OwO do you think it's really them?