Chapter 29- Is He Really Gone?

(Russia's POV)

We reported the body to the police and they came to dig it up. They told us that they would keep us informed about the situation, and they thanked us for reporting this to them. Right now me and Ame are in the police station because they had called telling us they identified the person. I was reluctant to go but America was curious so we went. Two police officers walked towards us, I recognized them to be Argentina and Chile, who had both dropped out of our school to go to a military one with Mexico.

"Deberíamos agradecerte una vez más..." (We must thank you once again...) Argentina said. Her voice was a mixture of relief but sorrow. "We have identified the body and it was a missing person we have been looking for for quite some time now..." She paused.

"And who would that be?" America asked.

Chile picked up where Argentina left off. "Are you two familiar with a young man named Germany Berlin?" Me and America both nodded but I dreaded the words that would come next... "Well... unfortunately, that was him... it appeared as if he was beaten severely then stabbed multiple times in the chest... We hope we can find his murderer or murderers as soon as possible. We've got this for now, thank you for your time." Chile and Argentina turned and walked away. At that point my mind was racing with questions... 'Germany's dead?! Who killed him?! How could this happen?!' Suddenly I felt my hand being squeezed and I jumped a bit.

"Are you okay?" America's voice filled my thoughts. Are you okay? A question that I've been asked more and more lately. America, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan and many others have asked me the same question... And no I wasn't okay... Germany and I used to be closer than brothers... He got me through some really rough times... and now... he's gone... I should have never pushed him away so many times... "Russia?" Ame's voice snapped me from my thoughts again. I glanced over at him, his eyes showing pure concern.

"U-Uh yeah... I-I'm fine..." I said, stumbling over my words. "W-We should just go home..." I muttered getting up immediately. I had this thought in my mind... I just hoped I was wrong...

(Time Skip)

We walked through the front door and I stumbled over to the couch and half fell, half sat down on it.

"Are you sure you're alright?" America glanced over his shoulder, his eyes showing even more concern.

I ignored his question, "А-Америка..."

"Yes?"

"Did... Did you kill... Germany?" America whirled around and glared at me with a mixture of shock and anger in his eyes now.

"Of course not! What kind of person do you think I am!?" He yelled. "Yeah I attacked him and Poland in an alleyway, but never this!"

I narrowed my eyes at him, "How can I take your word for it?" This earned an even more angered glare from him.

"Are you implying that I'm lying to you?!" He stood over me now which was uncomfortable for me so I stood up.

"I... no it's just... he killed your brother and you've hurt him before a-and... you told me that you would still get your revenge so I just assumed..." Even I couldn't believe that my voice was still so shaky.

"Well stop assuming!" America snapped, his gaze was a blue and yellow fire. "I wouldn't kill someone like that! And then bury their body in the middle of the forest! That's just sinister! Even for me!" He started getting really defensive so I just left it at that.

"I'm sorry... I should've never said that..." I gazed down at the floor. Usually I wouldn't let America speak to me like that but it seemed like I had no energy to argue.

Ame's tone seemed to soften, "Look... I'm sorry for snapping at you," America moved closer toward me but stopped when he noticed how dead I looked... "Rus?" It took me a while to process he said my name before I responded by simply looking over at him. "You're upset aren't you? Go lay down or something..." America ushered me up the stairs to my room. I laid down on my bed and looked over at America who was looking warmly into my eyes.

"Ты можешь лежать здесь со мной?" (Can you lay here with me?) I asked.

Ame shook his head, "Wish I could but I need to tell Canada and New Zealand about what's happened. They'll want to know that our brother's murderer has been murdered," He gave me one last glance over his shoulder before he walked away.

(Canada's POV)

Staying here with dad has gotten harder and harder, we all try to avoid him at all cost. We stay out of rooms he's in and if he walks into a room we walk out. New Zealand and mom seem to almost be scared of him and I always try to stay near them in case dad snaps again. What I'm afraid of though is if I come home and dad has gotten so drunk that he hurts Kiwi or even mom... I don't know what I'm going to do then... I was sitting on my bed when I got a call from Ame, I actually hadn't talked to him ever since school ended.

"Hey Ame, how have you been?" I asked.

"Fine I guess... Is Kiwi around?" America didn't sound as happy as I was about speaking to him.

"Well she's not with me right now but I can go get her if you want."

"Yes, go get her... this is something both of you need to hear." Ame said almost in a whisper. I got up and went to New Zealand's room. I knocked and she allowed me in,

"Hey, Ame's on the phone and he wants to talk to us." I sat down next to her on the bed so we could both talk to our brother.

"What's up Ame?" Kiwi asked with her sweet voice.

"You guys know that Germany's was missing, right?" At this question me and New Zealand looked at each other in annoyance, but Kiwi was the one that answered,

"Yeah... not like I care..." Her sweet tone turned into one of disgust.

"Well..." America paused for what seemed like hours, "He's uh... he's dead... He was stabbed multiple times and beaten." After those words the room went dead silent. I looked over at Kiwi whose expression was unreadable, I didn't really know how I felt either. My brother's killer is dead? I mean... it's pretty much just karma right? Does he deserve it? I mean I don't think anyone deserves that... but does he?

"Well, he did it to himself..." New Zealand stated simply. I jabbed Kiwi in the side with my elbow,

"New Zealand don't say things like that! He did-"

"He killed Australia... that's what he did... he deserves what he's gotten..." My sister's voice had all the cold of winter in it. I had no idea what to say next, if I should say anything at all. In a way she was right, he killed our brother so he's only getting a taste of his own medicine... But the question is... who killed him?

Oof who do you think killed him?