Chapter 27- I Guess He's Missing...

(America's POV)

For detention, me and Russia had to stay in the math room and wipe down tables and organize the text books, which wasn't too~ bad. Me and Rus couldn't talk to each other though, that was the most painful part... When our teacher left for a moment to go get something we took that time to talk.

"What do you wanna do when we get home?" I asked in a low whisper.

"I don't know... watch a movie or something. All I know is Ukraine's gonna bring Canada back... not like there's anything wrong with that." Russia replied. "Maybe we could go on a walk?" I nodded slightly. It had been a while since me and Russia had gone out on a walk, it'll be good to clear my head. We had just finished with the textbooks when our teacher came back into the room,

"I hope you boys weren't chatting while I was away..." Her tone was almost a snarl but there was a hint of suspicion in it. We both shook our heads trying to look as if we were bored. "Well I'll see you tomorrow then, you're free to go now. Thank you for your help." Our teacher gestured to the door and me and Rus almost fought each other to get out. Once we were out of earshot we started talking again.

"That's three hours of my life I'm never getting back..." Russia sighed his head hanging dramatically low.

"Yup... and we have to do it for the rest of the week..." I added. Rus held the door open for me as we exited the school. The early June breeze hit me as I came out, the air smelled fresh and the sun was barely on the verge of setting. "I can't wait for summer vacation!" I stated eagerly. "When does school end again?"

"On the 24th..." Russia replied, also taking in the richness of the air.

I let out a long sigh. "And it's the sixth so we have two weeks... two. Long. Painful. Weeks..." I heard Russia chuckle,

"It's not that long Ame."

"Usually! But it's longer if for one of those weeks we have detention!" My voice was a snarl but a playful one.

"Russia! America!" Someone's voice sounded from behind us. We turned around to see Poland and Czech Republic running towards us, their faces showed pure panic. "Have either of you seen Germany?! We haven't seen him in a week!" Czech said panting.

"No... we just thought he was sick or something..." Russia stated. "Is he not at home?"

"No! We've called him, gone to his house, but he's nowhere to be seen!" Poland was practically yelling at us and tears were streaming down her cheeks.

"We're afraid something happened to him." Czech Republic put his hand on Poland's shoulder trying to calm her.

"We'll tell you if we here anything about him." Russia was even beginning to look a bit worried.

"Děkuju," (Thank you) Czech turned to Poland, "Come on... lets keep looking..." The two of them ran off in the direction they came.

"That was strange..." I said looking up at Russia who had a worried yet stern expression on his face. "You good?"

Rus looked startled as I spoke, "Д-Да, it is strange... someone just going missing like that... without anything left behind..." Russia's voice trailed off as he went on.

"I don't know dude, let's just go home..." I shrugged walking away. I could care less about what happened to Germany, he could die for all I care. He killed Australia after all... how could I care for anyone who did that? After a few moments, I realized Russia wasn't following me. "Are you coming?" I asked.

Rus turned to me almost looking annoyed, "Sure..." He murmured started to walk towards me.

"Let's hurry I want to see Canada before he leave-"

"Aren't you a bit concerned about what happened to Germany?" Russia interrupted.

I shrugged, "Not really... " Without another word Russia continued walking. 'Strange...' I thought, following him slowly.

(Time skip)

We walked into the house and Canada was sitting on the couch accompanied by Ukraine., his eyes brightened when we walked through the door.

"Hey Ame!" He said getting up from where he sat on the couch.

"Hi Maple-" Russia shouldered past us and up the stairs to his room.

"What's up with him?" Ukraine asked looking rather puzzled.

I shrugged, "He's been this way ever since we learned that Germany had gone missing. Poland and Czech Republic haven't seen them in about a week."

"Rus might be upset about that. After all, he and Germany used to be very close friends..." Ukraine stated rubbing the back of her neck, "Well... that's before Germany took it too far."

"They were friends?" I asked tipping my head. 'But Russia hated him when we first met..." Canada simply shrugged.

"He'll come around. You guys wanna watch a movie or something?" Ukraine asked.

"Sure..." Maple answered sitting back down on the couch. I sat next to him and Ukraine sat down on his other side.

(Russia's POV)

I sat on my bed just thinking to myself about what Poland and Czech Republic had said. Could Germany really be missing? I mean sure I hate him but through our short friendship, he's helped me get through some pretty rough times... He comforted me after my father's death... he's not all bad like America claims him to be. He was a good friend until we got in a relationship and he started bossing me around, telling me who I couldn't hang out with and getting mad whenever I didn't respond to his texts or calls immediately. I got tired of it after a while and broke up with him, hoping I wouldn't have to worry about him again... But here I am... sitting in my room worrying about this country that had no respect for me. I'll just have to try to forget the friendship we once had. I have America and that's all that matters...

I hope you all enjoyed! Again the idea for Germany's death was given to me by @a_random_reader27.Home y'all have a nice day/night! UwO