Chapter 35- Our Secret Friendship

(Russia's POV)

Ame has seemed... happier... for the last couple of weeks. Before he was devastated about the whole Jamaica and Netherlands thing, but he's seemed to have gotten over it pretty quickly. Though, he has been out of the house a lot more than usual, but he leaves me behind most times. Which I thought was strange but hey, it's been a sunny month, it's hard to stay in the house all day when you could be doing something else outside. Not long after Ame had left, again, Belarus and Ukraine approached me in the kitchen.

"Are we going to address the America problem?" Ukraine asked her arms crossed.

"What do you mean problem? There isn't a problem with him." I told her.

Belarus stepped up beside Ukraine, "He's been out of the house far more than usual. And you know America he's practically glued to the couch!"

"So... what are you implying?" I asked this time slightly annoyed.

"We think that he's doing something without you... like meeting up with someone in secret..." Ukraine whispered as if America was in the room. I then shot her a cold glare. America would never do that!

"So what you're saying is... he's cheating on me?"

"Well... I don't know about that, but he's been going somewhere for the past couple of weeks. And we can all agree that he's never given you a clear answer to where he's been going." Belarus explained. That part was true to be honest. Every time I ask Ame where he's going he acts like he doesn't wanna say. But that doesn't mean he's meeting with another person.

"Слушать..." (Listen...) I said calmly. "I think you both are looking too far into this. Now just drop it. He's been going through a lot lately so let's just leave him alone." I turned around and walked up the stairs to my room, leaving my sisters in the kitchen.

(America's POV)

"You have to tell him..." Philippines said, looking me dead in the eye. "If Russia finds out on his own that you've been meeting with me in secret god knows what he'll do!" I glanced away, not wanting to have this conversation again. My and Philip have been meeting up in secret for a few weeks now. And each time I feel worse about lying to Russia...

"But... How am I gonna tell him? I don't even know how he'll react..." I murmured.

"He'll react better than he would if he just found out, believe me. He might take it the wrong way, he might think we're dating or something..." As Philip finished my face turned red from the thought. Me and Philippines?! But we're just friends right!?

"I-Is there a problem with him thinking that?" I asked stuttering a bit. Philip then shot me a strange look.

"We're only friends and he might think that you're cheating on him! And my boyfriend may think I'm cheating on him too!" Now I was the one giving her a strange look. This was new news to me...

"Since when did you get a boyfriend?" I asked, tilting my head slightly.

"Since before I met you." She said raising an eyebrow, "I could have sworn I told you... maybe that's Malaysia I'm thinking about..." I wasn't jealous or anything, I just should have known earlier. Now I have to keep this secret from Russia and Philip's boyfriend.

I sighed. "I'll talk to Russia when I get home..."

(Time skip)

I walked through the door and Ukraine and Belarus were there to greet me. Before I could speak Ukraine spoke first,

"And where were you this time?" She asked, her arms crossed.

"I was with Canada and New Zealand," I replied swiftly, "We went to this restaurant where you can-"

"Yeah, sure... Russia's in his room. You'd better go talk to him." Ukraine and Belarus turned and walked away. 'What's up with them?' I asked myself. I simply shrugged and went up the stairs to Russia's room. When I walked in Rus was sitting at his desk on his phone, he looked up when he saw me come in.

"Oh you're back!" He said cheerfully.

"Yeah I was with Canada and New Zealand," I told him. There was a brief moment of silence before I spoke again. "Rus I-"

"We need to discuss something," Russia said cutting me off.

"Wh-What is it?" I asked, I could feel my heart beating a bit faster.

"Ukraine and Belarus said something earlier that made me really uncomfortable... because you've been out of the house more they said you might be cheating on me, or meeting someone else in secret. Stupid right? I think they're just paranoid." Russia's explanation ended in a chuckle.

"Y-Yeah..." I muttered so quietly that I wasn't even sure Rus could hear me. Ukraine and Belarus thought that!? They're going to be suspicious of me for a while now...

"Мне жаль... (I'm sorry) Was there something that you wanted to say?" Russia asked, tilting his head to the side.

"Uh... no no. Nothing." I told him before turning away. I couldn't tell Russia... how would he react? I know he'll be furious if I told him but he'd be even more furious if he just found out. I took a deep breath... 'I'll tell him some other time...'