TWO

Harry

A lustrous smile lit up Harry's face as he finished his last song of the night, waving to the crowd as they screamed back at him. "Thank you New York, you have been absolutely amazing."

He walks confidently around the edges of the stage to wave to every side of the medium sized venue, all the fans frantically waving and grabbing at him. Blowing kisses to the whole audience he finally decides to disappear from the stage, handing the guitar to the stage hand with a small nod. 

Strutting with a body guard and his manager beside him he stops to greet the VIP fans who were shaking with excitement. His smile was starting to hurt and his eyes were drooping from lack of sleep, this tour was taking a huge toll on him. But this was his last show for a long time. 

"So lovely to meet you guys, drive safe," he sends the fans a smile before he turns on his heel, eyes landing on his one safe space in every city. His dressing room. 

He steps inside and closes the door quickly, back hitting the cool metal as he slumps against it. "Jesus Christ," he breathes as the heels of his palm rub his tired eyes. Harry's smile had finally dropped a frown settled on his lips. The dimples that everyone adored were no where in sight and his gleaming emerald eyes had lost their luster. 

He jumped in place as his phone sat across the room went off, the face time notification from his sister lighting up the screen. A loud sigh fell past his lips as another large smile pulled at the corners, his finger hitting the green button.

Gemma appeared with his Mother sat right beside her, both of them showing wide smiles he could tell were not fake. Could they tell his was?

"Harry!," his Mother calls in a loud tone, excitement was clear in her expression, "I am so excited for your tour to be over and for you to come home."

Tears were coated over her eyes and Harry immediately felt guilt pull in his chest, he didn't want to be the reason for his mother's sadness. "Mom you know I will be in New York for the next six months," he answers frowning.

He needed to start piecing together his new album and finishing the songs he had started, all the while he had tons of appearances to attend. "But you know as soon as I get the okay I will be right back home to you," the promise satisfies his mother but not Gemma who frowns. 

"We um heard about Camille...Harry why didn't you tell us?," His heart speeds up as his sister brings up the blonde who ripped his heart out and stomped on it. "We're sorry H, but listen there are so many other girls or guys out there."

He sighed as his smile faltered slightly, he knew he could find another girl or guy to feed his needs but she was more than that. Camille was a support system until he put too much weight on her, she told him she couldn't handle the pressure or the responsibility of his happiness. 

Harry was too much for everyone, he needed too much and asked for too much. 

"Thanks Gem, it's okay we just...didn't see eye to eye anymore," he explains and she nods easily her elbow jutting out to hit her silent mother. 

Anne nods in agreement with her daughter as Harry chuckles humorously at the two women who really sucked at soothing people. "Guys I gotta go, I'm going to take a walk."

The two women nod their heads before exchanging goodbyes, and Harry immediately puts his head into his hands as soon as they disappear. Taking in a deep breathe he moves toward the door of his dressing room easily looking around outside before sneakily heading toward an exit at the back. 

"Harry what are you doing?," he sighed and looked behind him at the tour manager, whose arms were crossed tightly with furrowed brows. "You can't just sneak out."

Harry steps forward and whispers, "I just need some fresh air and some time alone please," he begs the man who looked at him with pity. He knew this was taking a toll on him.

"You better be safe," he nods frantically as he thanks the man who rolls his eyes in response, moving out into the cold air of New York. Taking in a deep breathe of the crisp November air he looks around the alleyway, leading to a street he didn't know. 

The street was filled with very little people, but many still adverted their eyes to him, wide gazes and small whispers fluttering around him. As people started to point and yell his name the smile he loathed found its way onto his lips. All he wanted was to get some fresh air and think but now he was back to putting on a show, people were following him and taking pictures. 

"Shit," He curses under his breathe as a couple of girls trail far behind him, his body sliding into an alleyway as he rounded the corner. A fire escape latter was right in front of him when he turned, moving anxiously to ascend them away from the streets. 

When he reaches the top his eyes move around the simple yet beautiful roof, fairy lights illuminating the darkness around him. As he cautiously walks up his eyes catch the top of someones head sitting in the maroon swing across the roof, it was a girl. 

She held a glass in her hand and squinted as if she was deep in thought, a small frown pulled her lips downward. Preoccupied by the girl, Harry catches his foot on a round pot next to him and stumbles forward. 

The sound of the porcelain cracking makes his heart race and the mystery persons head to turn around immediately, the smallest squeak leaving her lips. 

Their eyes meet and he feels his pulse quicken, he felt like an idiot.