TWENTY-SEVEN

Clementine's breath came out in short puffs against his lips as he leaned in, it was way too soon to kiss her but he was helpless under her stare. She was practically begging him to kiss her with her eyes, the wide gray gaze thick with adoration. 

"Do you want this?," his voice was a mere whisper and it sent a shock wave to her stomach. 

She wasn't sure if she should lean in or stand up to get away from him, his hungry gaze begging her to devour him. Clementine was sure she wanted to kiss him but wasn't sure if it was the right time to do so...

Clementine was still under the watchful eye of her ex-boyfriend and she didn't want to get Harry mixed up in it. Living with him was already pushing the boundaries of what she wanted to subject him to. But he was so handsome.

Pushing a hand through his hair he licked his lips, frowning as the dinging sound of the elevator interrupts their moment. Clementine peaks over and sees three figures loading out into the living room, bags in hand. 

She sent a genuinely confused glance to Harry who looked like he had seen a ghost, "Harry-bear we came a couple weeks early because we missed you-," the woman with dark hair stops speaking as she takes in the blonde next to him.

Clementine stood to her feet as the people got closer and was soon enveloped in a large hug from a younger girl, her arms squeezing the air from her lungs. "You must be Clementine oh my gosh Harry has told us so much about you," she squeals in the happiest voice, eyes bursting with excitement. 

The blonde coughs before holding onto the piano because her feet stung, "Um hello...i'm sorry I don't want to be rude but-"

Harry takes a step to stand beside her and sends a fake smile to the lot, "Sorry Clem this is my mother, step-father and, my sister Gemma," he points them all out and Clementine loses color in her face.

Oh my god. She was meeting Harry's family wearing sweatpants and an over sized t-shirt, her hair was extremely messy and now her face was as red as ever. 

"Oh! So sorry hi I'm Clementine it is really nice to meet you...i'm sorry I look like this I had no idea you guys were coming," her red cheeks make a small smirk play on Gemma's lips. She was adorable, well aware as to why Harry liked her so much already. 

Harry rested a hand on her shoulder, "Neither did I...what are you guys doing here so early. You weren't supposed to come visit until around Christmas," he speaks through his teeth and Harry's mother gives him a look that could kill. 

"We missed you Harry! We didn't want to wait so we decided to come early and get even more time with you," Clementine could hear the excitement in her tone at the thought of seeing her son. It almost brought tears to her eyes that Harry had such a loving family, it was a beautiful union. 

She nudged Harry and frowned, "Go hug your mother...she's happy to see you," watching as he trudged forward to greet his family she realized just how privileged he was. He had no idea how lucky he was to have a family who loved him, or just a family in general. 

"Are you okay Clementine?," she jumped slightly as Gemma appeared at her side, a kind smile lifting at the corner of her lips. Gemma could see the sadness crossing her features as she looked on at the group before her. 

She nodded easily, "Yeah of course...you guys have a beautiful family," Gemma sends a happy smile that felt so genuine it turned Clementine's heavy heart around slightly. 

"You are here quite early Clementine, did you sleep over?," The question makes the blonde choke on her spit, a snarky smirk planting itself onto Gemma's face. 

She looks down at her bandaged feet and sets herself down on the piano bench, "Um it's kind of a long story...I uh-," Harry cuts off what she is about to say by getting his sister into a head lock. 

"Gem that is none of your business...Clem it's time to change your bandages," he whispers the last part and she gives him a gentle nod. Gemma looks down to the blondes feet and suddenly has a thousand questions for the two of them, but she holds back.

Clementine gives them all a kind smile before she disappears into one of the bedrooms, "She's cute," Gemma finally says to Harry once she's gone. 

Heat burned at his cheeks and he rolls his eyes, "You guys want to go to breakfast and catch up?," he changes the subject of the conversation and his mother easily agrees. 

"Yes! I can't wait to hear all about what my baby was doing all this time," she gushes while grabbing his cheeks with her fingers, his step-father chuckling with amusement in the background. 

Gemma lurches forward and hugs her brothers back, "Clementine is coming too right? Because I have a lot of questions for her," she comments shocking her brother into a dull silence. 

There were a lot of questions Gemma asked Camille that she shouldn't ask Clementine. Harry had a long list of topics that he wanted to tell them were off limits by any means, although Gem never played by the rules.

"Well there are things you should not bring up okay? Gemma I am mostly talking to you...do not by any means mention her-," Harry immediately shuts his mouth as Clementine enters the room again, this time dressed differently.

Her legs were now covered in loose ripped up jeans with a white sweater on her upper half, her hair now brushed into a perfect bun on top of her head. The blondes eyelashes were no coated in a dark black mascara while her plump lips were now a glossy pink, Harry felt hot at the sight of her.

"Clementine you will be joining us for lunch yeah?," Gemma smirks over at Harry and the blonde immediately agrees out of politeness. A smile lit up her features at the thought of his family wanting to get to know her, but also her body quaked at the thought of speaking about her family. 

"Actually Clementine you can't even put shoes on because of your feet" Harry tells her out of nervousness and she feels her heart grow heavy. He didn't want her to come with them?