THREE

Clementine~Harry

Clementine and Harry stare at each other silently, eyes wide with confusion before one of them finally speaks to cut the tension. "So sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt."

She was surprised by the polite British accent to his voice, eyes taking in his appearance before she answered. He had a sparkly pink button up on with ties in the front, black trousers covering his lower half with a pair of dress shoes to match. His outfit looked incredibly expensive and so did the fleet of gold rings decorating each long finger. 

Clementine tilts her head before smiling at him, "You're not interupting it's okay," she assures him before following his darting eyes to the two wine glasses sat beside her. "Oh no...um I'm the only one up here...yeah it's just me," her nervous laughter makes his lips twitch slightly. 

He could tell she didn't want to talk about whatever was causing her to nervously stutter, and he knew it wasn't his place to question her. "Sorry it just looked like you were waiting for someone."

Clementine knew she wasn't waiting for anyone but if felt as if maybe the universe had other plans for them both. Her lip quirks up into a small smile as she sees his body jumping to keep warm, the cold New York air biting at his exposed skin. He wasn't wearing a jacket which was odd to her in such a low temperature. 

"Well it seems as if maybe I was waiting for you," he watches as her tiny hand brings a wine glass to her lips, a long drink emptying it. "You can come sit if you want, I have a blanket," she offers with a small laugh. 

Her words shock him easily, but he accepts the offer, it seemed as if she had no idea who he was. Lately that was all he wanted, was to have a conversation with someone who didn't see him as THE Harry Styles. 

He awkwardly moved across the roof top and looked down at the blonde who pulled the blanket back for him to get under. Harry slides in beside her and welcomes the warmth her body already gifted the blanket, her sweet smile warming the experience even more. "I'm Clementine by the way," he loved the sound of her unique name, he hadn't ever met anyone named after a fruit. 

"Harry Styles," his eyes dart across her face suspiciously as he says his name, not an ounce of recognition registering, "You don't know me?," the question feels arrogant as soon as it hits the silence but she only seems confused. 

He sits anxiously as she examines his face for a second before shrugging slowly, "No...should I?"

A loud, genuine belly laugh prompts her to furrow her eyebrows, while taking care of her mother and working two jobs she had little time to do much else. He just shakes his head and runs a hand through his chestnut curls, "Oh how rude of me...would you like some wine?"

He looks over at the pre-poured glass and slowly reaches to take it from her hand, a large gulp being taken quickly. Harry was aware of her staring but he wasn't sure why, she had a certain sadness in the way her eyes studied him. 

Sitting silently beside one another they look up at the stars as they drank wine, Harry peeking over at the girl who looked very deep in thought. Her gray eyes were set straight ahead and her plump lips were deeply frowned, her hand coming up to rub the tip of her slightly pointed nose. There was a looming sadness in the way she held herself, even when she gave him a sunshiny smile it was drenched in melancholy. 

She was pretty. Her side profile was one he wished he could draw in his sketch book, her long dark lashes dipping to flutter over her eyes gracefully and a tiny nose that came up into a small point. His eyes moved over her sun kissed hair, a dark blonde with honey highlights scattered throughout. When he finally looked back up at the stars she peered over at him from the corner of her eye.

His heart shaped lips were set in a hard line and bright green eyes darting around the bustling city in front of him, his button nose scrunching ever so slightly as he sniffled. She notices a larger mole on his jawline that held a sharp angle, Clementine shifts as his hand comes up to push the hair off his forehead. It sat in neat curls as she admires the shine it holds, the fairy lights bouncing off of it in just the right way.

"What are you thinking?," she finally blurts out, a look of surprise pulling onto his face as he tilts his head down to look at her. His lips part as they make eye contact, they held a sense of knowing. She saw him. 

Clementine could see the dark cloud looming over him, his eyes held all his woes. 

He clears his throat, "Disappearing," Harry avoids looking over at the stranger who takes another drink of wine after his answer. He was embarrassed to let this random girl see him so vulnerable and in need of reassurance she couldn't possibly provide. 

Clementine smiles gently and looks back up at the stars, "I've thought a lot about that recently, just stepping back from existence and looking at what it would be like without me. To see how easily I could just lift myself out of the equation without anyone noticing," she didn't want to kill herself or hurt herself in any way, she just wanted to step back.

Harry eyes her warily as she takes another drink, "It'll be okay Harry."

He wasn't sure why but her words soothed him slightly, "Nothing always stays the same," she deadpans gazing over at the man who needed reassurance even if he couldn't ask for it from anyone around him, "You don't stay happy forever and you don't stay sad forever."