FIFTEEN

HARRY

"Camille what the hell are you doing here?," Harry's voice was angry and the fact he had walked in to a distraught looking Clementine made his rage even worse. "I said you could come get your stuff when I was home, not that you could show up whenever you felt like it."

Her lips pulled into a tight smile, eyes taking in how much better he looked now that they were broken up. His skin was smooth and glowing while the bags under his eyes had slowly disappeared, he looked amazing and she was regretting breaking up with him. He was a lot of work but he was attractive and had a ton of money in the long run, and the sex was...wow. 

She reaches out and touches his cheek, "I just wanted to see you," her words are low and sexual but much to his surprise he doesn't feel the usual yearning toward her. When she looked him in the eyes and told him he was too much work to have around it hurt him, it made him look at her differently. He would have done anything for her but the feeling was never mutual. 

He saw her completely different now that Clementine had come into his life, she did whatever she could to make him feel comfortable and happy. Even if it was just a small reassurance in a smile or telling him it was okay, she let him know he was normal and his emotions were valid. 

"You can't show up here whenever you want we're not together anymore," he tells her sternly, the look on her face telling him she was shocked. Camille had thought Harry would be groveling at her feet when she walked in the door but instead she found a small blonde in his clothing. 

Camille didn't want to admit how pretty the girl was or how sweet she seemed, she wanted to break her down and make her feel less. If she couldn't have Harry neither could this ordinary girl standing in his kitchen, "Well maybe if you weren't fooling around with that prostitute we could rekindle this."

Harry's eyebrows frown inward and his stomach twists with anxiety, "Prostitute?," he wonders not really knowing what she meant until a light bulb went off. "Clementine?," rage was the only way to describe what he felt when she said those words. She better not have....

He turned on his heel and immediately went to find the small blonde who was standing in her dress from last night, eyes dark and smile nowhere to be seen. "I'm going to go...thanks for letting me stay," the tone of her voice was flat and the look she gave him was cold. 

"Clementine wait," she continues moving past him without even thinking, just wanting to be home in her bed where she could think this whole thing over. Clementine knew when she got home she would worry and stress all day about this interaction, wondering what she could have done differently. Making a scenario of what would have happened if she stayed, she couldn't help it. 

Pushing the down button for the elevator she waited patiently while Camille looked at her, she was short and curvy unlike herself. The sunlight had kissed her hair and the blue of her eyes were more gray than anything and it was kind of charming. She made Camille self conscious and that's why she felt the need to eyeball her beautiful dress and scoff, "Not a prostitute my ass."

Clementine's cheeks heat up at the whispered words and she rushes into the elevator when it opens not wanting to be in that situation anymore. "Bye Harry," her hand barely makes it up for a wave before the doors are shut and Harry disappears. The look of devastation on his face made her heart hurt and stomach twist in the worst way. 

The walk home was extremely cold and by the time she had gotten to her apartment Jonathan was already inside waiting for her. His arms opened wide when he saw she was holding herself while tears streamed down her cheeks, "She called me a prostitute and just the way she looked at me....I felt like I was nothing," her words put him on alert.

She used to feel like that in high school when her mother was doing chemo, some of their peers were not as kind as the others. Some would even leave notes in her locker telling her they wished her mother died and her mother deserved a better daughter. Clementine went through feeling worthless and un worthy of having a wonderful mother like Mel, so she tried her hardest to make sure she was worthy. 

Clementine worked her ass off to take care of her mother and make sure that things were always running smoothly. She would never admit it but those notes and letters from her classmates made her a better daughter and a better person whether they wanted to believe it or not. 

"Clem don't listen to that starving model she was probably just hungry," Jonathan sees her crack a small smile but it doesn't reach her eyes. The starving model comment making her want to scold him. "Come on Clem, if he wanted her there he wouldn't have told her to leave."

She shrugs her shoulders and frowns even more, "I just felt out of place and like I was intruding...they obviously needed to figure some things out," she told him and even though Harry said they were broken up she could tell he liked her. 

He was surprised to say the least when he saw her standing there but it didn't look like a bad surprise, she wished he would look at her like that. With so much emotion.