Chapter 4

I stood there watching as Noah painted the walls a light tan color. He was so excited that he couldn't wait to paint the nursery. It was the room next to mine and close to his. Of course he refused to allow me to paint. He claimed the fumes could harm the baby and I. I sat on a wooden chair in the doorway watching as he painted. He's already been at it for an hour so far. He wipes his sweaty forehead adding more paint to his skin. I bit back a giggle watching him smear it. Suddenly he stands up pulling his stained shirt over his head. It drops swiftly to the floor by his feet. My mouth instantly starts to water. I lean forward staring at him like a piece of meat. I knew Noah was attractive but I didn't think he'd be this built under his cloths. Don't get me wrong he wasn't a buff body builder. But his muscles were noticeable enough on his toned body.

"So I was thinking we could go swimming tonight? I read that it could be a stress reliever. It takes weight off of the body. But I don't want you in chlorine so I'll have us use my personal pool. I had the pool guy come by earlier today to pump all the water." His eyes met mine. I sat there in confusing rethinking his words. He drained his whole pool to put in different water for me? Honestly, he's been acting like a mother hen. I couldn't help but sigh dreamily at his gestures. He really did care about me and the baby.

I nearly punched myself for the thoughts that run through my head. He is dating Celeste, a model. He is my boss. And he is the father of this baby I am a surrogate for. I can't be thinking like this. It was simple attraction at most. But it could develop into feelings. I had to stop this. It must be the hormones.

"We don't have to. I'm sure you have a busy day tomorrow." I shrug. He sets the paint brush down walking to my side. "I really want to. It'll be healthy to do. Plus tomorrow you work at the daycare. Think of it as some relaxation time. Faye says she can't wait to see you." His breath fans my face. We were a little less than a foot apart.

"Only a little bit." I mumble. "Well helloooo." A voice speaks behind me. I quickly stand up spinning on my heels. There stood a man with shaggy blonde hair and brown eyes. "Who's this?" The man speaks to Noah. I turn to see Noah clutching his nose stressed.

"You didn't tell me you were coming by." Noah replies. His face was emotionless as he stared at the man. He clearly wasn't happy with his arrival. "I didn't feel like leaving a voice mail so I decided to stop by. Who's this beauty?" He asks coming up to my side. I finally noticed his track suit and jogging shoes. He was dressed very oddly considering he was walking into a mansion. I couldn't complain though. He was still dressed nicer than I was.

"Reyna meet my best friend, Garret. Garret, this is Reyna my friend." He introduces us. Garret grins at me before looking over to Noah.

"Did you break up with Celeste?" Garret asks.

"Have you seen any of the news saying anything like that?" Noah asks bored.

"Well not really but I." Garret is cut off by Noah holding his hand up. "Get out." Noah's sharp tone interrupting him. Garret sends me a wink on his way out.

Once he disappears Noah slouches against the door frame. What was with him? "Are you okay?" I ask reaching forward to put a hand on his shoulder.

"Let's just go get changed for the pool now." Noah grumbles brushing past me. I gazed at the spot he was just at. Well something must have happened between them. But yet he still referred to Garret as a best friend.

A few minutes later I stood self consciously in the hallway. I wore a black bikini with white polka dots on it. It was definitely unattractive. I wrapped my arms around myself feeling exposed and cold. Where was Noah? Did he go to the pool without me? I hear a door click down the hallway. I glance up to see Noah in blue swim trunks walking toward me.