Chapter 8

It was five o'clock in the morning when Garret called me. His annoying voice making Celeste nearly wake up besides me. She groaned silently in her sleep tossing over onto her other side. "What is it?" I hissed into the phone.

"Well someone's happy to hear from me. You told me daily check ups," he replies. I roll my eyes glancing back at the clock. We were in the Caribbean currently on our vacation. The sun was just starting to rise.

"Okay fine what's your daily check up?" I ask annoyed. Garret dramatically clears his throat choking on his own spit. I sigh wearily pulling myself out of the bed.

"Well Faye is running a fever. But luckily Reyna is now avoiding her slightly so she won't get sick."

"Have you brought Faye in to the doctor? You know Natalia will be mad if she finds out about Faye. Besides Reyna shouldn't be taking care of your child," I comment. My hand grazing the railing on the outback deck. The water gently moving with the calm current.

"I have an appointment scheduled I think. Besides Reyna isn't even here half the time," he says casually.   Annoyance shoots through my veins. Of course I couldn't trust Garret to know of her whereabouts.

"Where is she then?" I grit out.

"Woah calm down dude. She's been hanging with Brendon a lot. Somethings going on there," I turn back to see Celeste emerging from her slumber. She already had her phone in her lap while her sleep mask was on her forehead. Her long light brown hair ruffled from a long night.

"I have to let you go but please watch her. Find out what's going on between her and Brendon," I say before I hang up. Garrets voice gets cut off moments after.

"What are you doing?" Celeste asks noticing my disappearance. She gazes tiredly at me from the bedside. "It's freaking five am," she pouts.

"Sorry I had a business call to handle," I lie. Celeste glares at me for a second before curling back onto her side to sleep.

I ignore her antics walking over to my luggage to change. I grip the leather box in my hand before tucking it into my suit pocket. I knew it was vacation but I had business to do. I don't bother to say goodbye knowing Celeste was already sleeping.

When she surprised me on the vacation I remember standing there stone cold. Her cheerful expression didn't bring my spirits up. But ever since we got here it felt like we were in the honeymoon phase. We've went scuba diving and to a spa. Although I didn't particularly care for those activities I knew it would make Celeste happy.

As I leave I clutch the leather box in my pocket. Was I making a mistake? I have to do this to ensure my relationship with her. "Sir?" I look down noticing a small boy. He wore a t-shirt with ripped shorts. He had tan caramel skin and short black hair.

"Your car is awaiting for you," he points to the land. Currently we were at a resort that had small huts placed in the water. I'm surprised this boy was sent to fetch me.

"Thank you," I reply tossing a few dollars in his hands. The boy stares at me as I leave. I wouldn't be surprised knowing my wealth brought me fame. Whether I wanted it or not I had to deal with it.