Chapter 38

"You brought a visitor?" Jackson comments. A wicked smile graces his lips. He stands up walking closer to us. Noah instinctively jumps in front of me placing a hand on Jackson's chest.

"Back up. You stink," Noah says calmly into his ear. Jackson chuckles to himself backing up. He slumps down into his bed with his feet hanging over the edge.

"I apologize for my actions. It's rare I get to see a delicate lady such as your self," Jackson smoothly says. Noah shoots daggers at him with his eyes. A frown matching the glare on his face.

"Don't act all classy now brother," Noah says. Jackson wiggles his eyebrows at Noah.

"I'm Reyna, your brothers assistant. I-I don't think we've actually met," I say confidently. Jackson takes a moment to examine me. Once he was satisfied he shrugged leaning back onto his bed.

"We haven't but I've heard plenty about you. The Reyna from our childhood right?" Jackson asks.

"Actually yeah, I can't believe you remember me. We never formally met," I confess.

"I remember seeing you from afar at parties. My parents liked to keep me on a tight leash compared to Noah. The prized golden boy of our family," Jackson taunts.

"Listen, we need your help again," Noah announces. I was waiting for Noah to tell me when the first time was. But he never told me when he asked for Jackson's help.

"It'll come at a price," Jackson teases. Noah grunts turning around towards the door.

"I'm not negotiating with you," he mumbles. I try to reach back for Noah but miss. My fingers being a couple inches away from grabbing his coat jacket.

"What do you want? Your brother is just being stubborn," I state. Noah turns around quickly giving me a look.

"I want a visit from mom. It's been years since she's talked with me," Jackson confesses. Noah shorts breaking out into a laughter.

"She'll never talk to you! Forget it. She can't forgive you for what you've done," Noah comments.

"No deal then," Jackson says timidly.

"You'll get your call with her as long as you are helpful to us," I promise. Jackson smirks walking up to me. He offers his hand which I willingly take. His hand was rough and dry causing me the shrivel in disgust. The contact wasn't a pleasant feeling.

"This better be worth it," Noah comments placing his hands on his hips. "Help us find Simon."

"It's really simple Noah. Google it," Jackson replies briefly. A look of boredom displayed on his face. It was so odd seeing Noah from a different angle. Except it was obviously not Noah but Jackson instead.

"The man has been missing for two years. The police can't find him. No one can find him. I need someone who can help me," Noah confesses hopelessly. Jackson chuckles to himself standing up. Noah puffs out his chest as Jackson stands less than five feet away from him.