Chapter 22

It was Saturday meaning everyone was out of the house. Except strangely Noah was sitting in his office. Celeste and Ana were at work while Natalia was on a date with Garret. Of course Garret's parents were watching Faye.

Meanwhile I sat on the couch eating watermelon balls from the fridge. Yes, I carved the watermelon. "Are you just going to sit there all day?" he asks. I leaned backwards letting the blood rush to my head. Noah stood there in a sweatshirt and jeans. It was the most normal I've seen him. I try to place another watermelon ball into my mouth but drop it onto the floor.

Noah sighs walking over to pick it off the ground and throw it into the garbage. "I'm bored," I state.

      "Let's go do something," Noah offers.

      "Without us being killed? There's nothing that doesn't have risk. I'm sure you don't want to go visit your mother again," I say. Noah groans before checking his watch.

       "You don't want to get that involved in my family," he reminds me.

       "So? I don't even know all of them despite growing up with them!" I exclaim sitting up placing the bowl on the coffee table.

     "You don't want to meet all of them trust me. Especially Jackson," he says. It took me a moment to remember who Jackson was. Ah yes, the crazy sibling.

      Seconds later the front door and in walks Natalia and Garret giggling like teenagers. "Hey guys!" Garret calls out. I admire them noticing Garrets arm wrapped around Natalia's waist. I guess it was official that they are together again. It just felt right with them together. Faye needed her parents.

      "Are you two intoxicated?" Noah glowers at them.

       "Of course we are! Brendon too!" Garret says point behind him. We all turn to see no one at the front door.

       "Babe, he took a cab home!" Natalia slurs. I felt my heart drop knowing he wasn't here. I tried to call and text him all week, but now I was pretty sure he blocked my number.

        I looked up noticing Noah watching me. "What?" I ask bitterly.

        "You need to stop thinking about him. Stop contacting him. It happened get over him," he says. I gasp before marching forward throwing a finger in his chest.

        "I will not be told what to do like that. If you forgot he was my boyfriend. I can't believe you are acting like this!" I exclaim loudly.

      I turn to see Natalia standing before me hugging a houseplant that was near the front door. I nearly facepalm before grasping Natalia's shoulders. I rotate her towards the stairs navigating us away from the boy's.

       "You need to chill," she laughs groggily.

         "No Natalia he's acting so so...," I trail off trying to think of the word.

           "Jealous?" Natalia asks.

           "I don't know why he's being so rude about Brendon and I. Meanwhile he's in the other room banging Celeste," I sneer. Natalia watches me wide eyed as I nearly shove her into her room.