Chapter 5: No sorry

"Nirmala, I want to apologise for getting angry at you. You didn't deserve it." "Thank you Kion, but you don't have to say sorry. You weren't under control. How about we start your healing. The quicker we start, the more chance there is it can be healed." "Sure, just tell me what to do, and I'll do it."

Baliyo was walking around, when he found Rani crying. "What's the problem, sis?" he asked her. "I'm pregnant." she cried. "Isn't that a great thing? I thought you wanted cubs." "Yeah, when I found out I was, I also thought it was great, but it's Kion's cub too. Kion said his scar might not be able to be healed, and I don't want to lose him. I want my little one to have a father to look up to." "Oh. I'm so sorry." Baliyo said. "You don't have to say sorry. It is not your fault." his sister reacted. "But you said he told you it might not be able to be healed. Doesn't that mean there is still a chance it can be healed?" the younger lion suggested. "I don't know. Maybe we should ask Nirmala, but lets not do that now. She is busy with trying to heal Kion, we shouldn't interrupt her." "Alright. Lets ask her first thing tonight." Baliyo stood up. "I've got to go, see you later." he said. "Thank you for the talk Baliyo." Rani thanked. "No problem." Baliyo reacted while he was walking away. 

The evening came a few hours later, although it felt like ages for everyone, especially for Kion, Nirmala and Rani. Nirmala was trying to get Kion healed, but nothing worked yet. Rani was waiting for news on Kion's healing. It was late and everyone already had dinner, except for two lions who hadn't returned to the tree of life yet. Those two were Kion and Nirmala. Waiting for them to return was killing everyone. "I think I hear something coming" Surak said. "Can you go outside and take a look, Anga?" Fuli asked the eagle. "Yep." she answered as she flew out, only to return a few seconds later with the news that Kion and Nirmala were finally making their way back. "Hello everyone." Kion greeted as he walked in. "Hey Kion. Hey Nirmala." everyone greeted back. Nirmala was the only one to say nothing. She walked closer to the group, and stopped when she was right in front of Rani. "I'm sorry." was all she said. "What do you mean, you're sorry?" she asked confused. "I mean that everything I've done to heal Kion had no effect." "No sorry needed Nirmala. Tomorrow there will be another day to try and get him healed." "I know that Rani, but what I don't know is if it will have any effect. If nothing I've tried today worked, there is almost no chance of anything working tomorrow." she admitted. "So you mean there is nothing that you can do to save Kion?" Kiara shot into the conversation. "There is one thing that might work, but I've never done it before, and there is a possibility that Kion might not survive it. The positive thing with it is that if the venom isn't in a too far stage, if Kion survives it he will be cured." Kion shot Nirmala a terrified glare. "You're not talking about what I'm thinking you're talking about, are you?" "Sorry Kion, but I think we're thinking about the same thing." "If there really is no other option, then I'll just do it. I want to be myself again." "First thing tomorrow, we will start Kion." Nirmala said. "Allright. I'll be there." "You two better take some rest. You'll need it." Rani suggested. The two lions nodded, as they moved over to their places to sleep at. The others followed Rani's advice too, and a few minutes later everyone was sleeping.

The sun was rising to start a new day. A lion was sitting in a big open field watching it all happen. He had a hard time sleeping, knowing what would happen that day. He knew he needed the rest, but he just couldn't get himself to sleep. While everyone was still sleeping, he sneaked out to watch the sunrise happen. He didn't know that he woke up someone, who was watching him from a little distance. His red mane shined in the morning light. She loved the sight, but she didn't like the way she knew he felt. Walking closer she said "Beautiful, isn't it?" "Yeah, it is." Kion said. They stared each other in the eyes, and after a few second tears started to come from the male his eyes. "It's alright, Kion. I trust Nirmala she will do everything she can to keep you alive." "I know you do, but you were there too when she said she'd never done it before. I'm just scared this might be the end." When Kion was done talking, they looked back at each other again. Rani started crying too. They got closer to one another, and started cuddling for a few minutes. Kion broke free. "I've got to go." he said. "Good luck" Rani wished him.

"Grandfather Mufasa." Kion said when he was sure no one was around anymore. "I'm here Kion, what is it?" the spirit of the lion said, when he appeared in the sky. "I just want to thank you for always being there for me." "And why is that, so suddenly, if I may ask." "My scar aparently was never healed, but the effects were paused, and now it started acting up again, but Nirmala can't get it healed. Now there is only one option left, but there is a chance I might not survive it. I just wanted to be sure I thanked you for always helping me, and saying what I needed to hear before it is too late." Kion told him. "You are a great lion, Kion. You always think about others, and I want to thank you too. I wish you good luck today." the wise lion told his grandson. "Thanks grandfather." Mufasa's spirit faded away, and Kion walked back to the tree of life, to do what had to be done.