Chapter 25: The end?

The sun was rising, as Kion was walking through the Outlands. He had walked the whole night, which resulted in him being tired, but he did not stop. He faced the border of the outlands. It would go over into unknown territory. He stepped out of the outlands, but he stopped as he heard a familiar voice calling out for him. Kion turned around and noticed Madoa was behind him. "Kion, is there something wrong?" she asked him. "No, and I don't want to talk about it, so leave me alone." Madoa did not take this for an answer, so when Kion turned around she took a step closer to him. Kion noticed this and snapped at her. "I told you to leave me alone, just like I told Jasiri, who most likely sent you here, didn't she?" he said. Madoa was taken aback by Kion's behaviour. "Kion, please stop and tell me what's wrong. We can help. We all can." Kion turned back to Madoa and stepped towards her. It looked like he would accept her help, but when he was right in front of her, he pressed his paw on her side. He had a smile on his face, as he unsheathed his claws. "It is too late for help, and that is why I told you to leave me alone. If you will not go now, it will be more than just my claws pressing onto your body." Kion threatened her coldly. Madoa was stunned by what just happened. She turned around and started walking back, saying nothing in the process. Kion turned back towards the border of the Outlands. He sighed. "Why can't they just leave me alone?" he asked himself.

The sun had risen in the Pridelands. Kiara and Rani had woken up early, so they could show Cheka and Uon the sunrise. Mrembo went with them. While they were on top of Pride Rock, Cheka was constantly trying to act cool and be funny for Mrembo, but every time when someone else would look at him he started blushing.

Once the sunrise was over the group went back down, to the rest of the pride. It was time for Rani, Cheka and Uon to leave. "So, this is it. It was nice meeting you, Mrembo." Cheka said. "Yeah, it was fun. I hope to see you again soon." Mrembo said back to Cheka. "So do I." he said back. After that, the lioness and her two cubs left the Pridelands, to go back to the Tree of Life.

"Mrembo and Cheka, sitting in a tree!" Uon started singing. "Shut up, Uon!" Cheka ordered his sister. "Make me!" Uon said back. Rani got in between her two cubs. "Stop it. Both of you." she said to them. Both cubs looked their mother into the eyes. "Okay, mom." they both apologized. They continued walking in complete silence. Uon stopped that silence after a few seconds. "K I S S I N G!" she continued. Cheka glared at her, and after a few seconds he pounced at his sister. Rani sighed, after which she pulled the two apart. "Now you two will both quit, or there will be big problems!" she snapped at them. Cheka and Uon said nothing in response. Cheka stepped off of Uon, and they all continued their journey.

The trio arrived back home, at the Tree of Life. Rani looked at Uon. "Can you go and play somewhere else, Uon? I need to talk with your brother." Rani said. "Yes, mom." Uon answered, as she walked away. Rani now looked at Cheka. "Come with me, Cheka." she said, as she walked into the Tree of Life.

The mother and son entered the Tree of Life. "What is it, mom?" Cheka asked curiously. "It is about Mrembo." "What is wrong with Mrembo, mom." "As you might have noticed, your sister and I have seen that you really like Mrembo." "Yeah, Mrembo is a great friend." Cheka said innocently. "I am not talking about that, Cheka. I mean like like her." "Oh, like that." "I need you to know that you can't love her, Cheka. I'm sorry." Cheka got a saddened look after hearing this. "And why is that, mom?" "I'm sorry that I did not tell you this earlier, but Mrembo is your cousin." Cheka was stunned by this. "You mean that she is family. That is AWESOME!" Cheka said happily. "Great to see that it isn't a problem. Now go play outside. I have to teach your sister a lesson for picking at you." Rani said, as she pushed Cheka out of the tree, and walked out of it too, searching for Uon.

It was hot in the desert. A lonely lion could be seen walking through it. The thirst was bothering him, but there was no water to be seen anywhere. He continued walking, even though he needed to rest. He had been walking the whole day, and he had not had anything to eat or drink in that day. He groaned, a few seconds later he groaned again. The pain from his throat was unbearable, and he should have stopped, but he still did not stop. The day turned into the night, and nothing but sand could be seen, until nothing was seen, as the lion collapsed.