Chapter 29: Control

Kion entered the Tree of Life. He hoped that Rani was still in there. He noticed that Cheka and Uon were playing together. He also noticed that Rani had left the Tree of Life. Kion turned his head towards the two cubs. "Cheka, Uon, do you know where your mother is?" he asked them. The two cubs both stopped playing and looked at their dad. "No dad. I'm sorry." Cheka said. Kion look angered, but he quickly reminded himself to stop and breath in and out slowly. His look softened as he stepped closer to his son. "It's alright." he said as he ruffled through Cheka little mane. Even though Cheka liked spending time with his dad, he did not like it when someone touched his mane. "Stop it dad, you are messing up my mane." he said. Uon laughed at the behavior of her brother towards her dad. Once Kion let go of Cheka, Cheka glared at Uon. "It's not funny." he said. "It is funny from my point of view." Uon laughed. Cheka now turned his head towards Kion. He way he looked said enough to Kion. Cheka wanted revenge on his sister. Kion gave Cheka a quick nod, as he stepped towards Uon, and rubbed her over her head. "Still funny now, sis?" Cheka asked Uon. Kion let go of his daughter. She gave the two males an annoyed glare. "Not anymore." she answered as she walked out of the tree. Kion now looked at Cheka. "Maybe you should go talk to her." Kion suggested. Cheka nodded. "Okay dad, I will." Cheka said as he walked out of the tree too. Kion followed behind him, so he could continue searching for Rani.

The sun was setting as Kion finally found Rani. He sat down next to her. Rani nuzzled Kion. It was a feeling they both missed for years. Not a single word was spoken as the two just enjoyed the feeling of being together. The sunset turned into the night and Kion and Rani were walking back towards the Tree of Life. "Where did you go when you left us?" Rani asked. She wanted to know what Kion had done in the time that he was away. "I have been in a jungle, far away from here, together with a lioness called Mwokozi." Rani did not like to hear that he had been with another lioness, but she kept silent so that she could hear what Kion had to say, without making him mad. "If it wasn't for her, I would not have been here today. She saved me after I almost died in the desert. She brought me to her jungle, where we lived together." Rani did not want to hear more about Mwokozi without asking questions. "Did... did you two do anything together?" She asked "Of course we did things together. We were a great duo when we were hunting, even though she died in a hunt. She got trampled on by a zebra." "That is not what I meant with doing things together. I was talking about more intimate stuff." Kion looked Rani in her eyes. The smile on his face quickly turned into an angry glare. Rani noticed what she just did, and she regretted that she did it. "Do you seriously think that I did that with her!" Kion snapped at her. He swung his paw at her face, hitting her. Kion had his claws unsheathed when he did this, leaving scratches on Rani's face. "I didn't do shit with that bitch! Just so you know, she wanted to fuck me ever since the night that she found me in the desert, but I always kept my distance." He swung at Rani again, leaving more claw marks on her face. "The only reason why I stayed with her was because I needed to survive!" Kion swung at Rani once more, but this time he did not aim for her face, which was bleeding. This time he hit her in her side. Right on her Night Pride mark. "Kion, stop!" Rani yelled. "You want me to stop? I thought you like this! I thought you want me mad!" Kion said. His voice sounded maniacally, as he swiped at Rani's body another time. Rani let out a big roar from the pain she felt.

Beshte and Bunga were getting ready to sleep, when they heard Rani yell. They ran into the direction it came from. On their way there they noticed that the Night Pride was heading over there too. They all arrived, and noticed that Kion was swiping at Rani with his claws. The group of five animals all ran towards the fight, and held Kion to the ground. Kion did not give up easily. He fought back, but it was useless. He was fighting versus six others. He was out of stamina, as the others pinned him to the ground. "Let me go!" he yelled furiated. Kion was breathing heavily as he looked around, and noticed Rani, whose body was covered in claw marks. The look on his face changed from anger to guilt. He didn't know what to say. "Rani, I... I'm sorry." he apologized. "I know that you act like this because of your scar, Kion. And I know that you don't want this, but I think it is best if you leave, right now. "I understand. I will leave first thing tomorrow morning." Kion nodded. He was cooled down, so he was let go. Kion stood up and he turned away from the group as he headed back towards the Tree of Life. Rani followed from a little distance behind him.

Kion entered the Tree of Life, where his son and daughter were asleep already. He laid down and sighed. Rani laid down next to him. "Good night." she said. "Sleep tight." Kion said back. Kion quickly fell asleep, hoping he wouldn't have another nightmare since he was back at the Tree of Life, with Rani and the cubs. Rani on the other hand could not get herself to sleep at all. She had the feeling that something bad would happen that night, but she couldn't figure out what. She tried to relax, thinking that it could just be Kion having another nightmare, but it didn't work. She was wide awake in the middle of the night, and that wouldn't change.